“Family trip to Disney”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 22 May 2022

This is a great airline for getting from one place to another. It is no frills. Everyone flying Spirit should understand that there is no entertainment or free beverage service. You can always bring your own food and drink. The seats are comfortable and much better than economy on American. The extra legroom seats are less expensive than any other airline I have used.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (25,070)

Reviewed 22 May 2022

Impossible to change the ticket online. I got ghosted by the "chat" feature online. Then called, got transferred and hung up on twice. I have just wasted $250 and will never attempt to fly this airline again.

Reviewed 22 May 2022

ELderly 69 year old stranded by Spirit, I was suppose to leave on the 21st, they cancelled my flight and offered the next available flight on the 25th leaving me stranded in Vegas for 4 days.

I dont have any more medicine left , I only receive SSI now I have to pay extra expenses to survive and trying to get another flight at the last second is going to be nearly inpossible or cost thousands. Don't ever fly this airline I will now have to contact a attorney as spirit is refusing to help me.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 22 May 2022

I was very disappointed in Spirit Airlines, from the Check-In station to the friendliness and cleanliness during the flight. I arrived to my flight 2 HOURS BEFORE BOARDING, it took an HOUR AND A HALF for me to just check in ONE BAG. The attendants at the desk were rude and the line was RIDICULOUSLY LONG. IT WAS TERRIBLE. During the flight, I PAID for the Wi-Fi and it was slow and NOTHING loaded. No water or snacks were given, I even created a Spirit Rewards account, in order to get a free beverage and snack ( like the website said), but the attendant was not helpful in assisting me with this. There’s also no first class, and the “extra legroom” is NOT extra legroom, compared to Delta and American Airlines. I WILL NEVER FLY SPIRIT AIRLINES AGAIN!!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO THIS AIRLINE!

1  Thank K1283EZcourtneyb
Reviewed 22 May 2022

I called because I had a medical situation & needed to change my flight times (well in advance of my flight, like a month). When I was told of the enormous change fee I asked to speak to a supervisor to explain my situation & see if the fees could be waived. By the time I got to a supervisor my flight was already changed and she said there was nothing she could do. I informed her that I wasn't aware that the agent went ahead and changed my flight, the reason I wanted to speak to a supervisor was to try and explain so why did she go ahead & change my flight anyway. I escalated the issue and was told that I gave permission for my flight to be changed so they're keeping my $$. Of course initially I wanted to change until I knew of the $$. Basically a $125 ticket ended up costing me over $260 and I still have yet to pay the enormous fee for my bag. What was supposed to be $125 is now going to cost me $300. They are thieves. I think the agents get paid commission based on the amount of $$ they can get from customers. Spirit is on my black list for life. I would have come out better booking with American.

1  Thank Annettenoland
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.