“The Worst!”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 22 May 2022

Impossible to change the ticket online. I got ghosted by the "chat" feature online. Then called, got transferred and hung up on twice. I have just wasted $250 and will never attempt to fly this airline again.

Date of travel: May 2022
Write a reviewReviews (25,070)

Reviewed 22 May 2022

ELderly 69 year old stranded by Spirit, I was suppose to leave on the 21st, they cancelled my flight and offered the next available flight on the 25th leaving me stranded in Vegas for 4 days.

I dont have any more medicine left , I only receive SSI now I have to pay extra expenses to survive and trying to get another flight at the last second is going to be nearly inpossible or cost thousands. Don't ever fly this airline I will now have to contact a attorney as spirit is refusing to help me.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 22 May 2022

I was very disappointed in Spirit Airlines, from the Check-In station to the friendliness and cleanliness during the flight. I arrived to my flight 2 HOURS BEFORE BOARDING, it took an HOUR AND A HALF for me to just check in ONE BAG. The attendants at the desk were rude and the line was RIDICULOUSLY LONG. IT WAS TERRIBLE. During the flight, I PAID for the Wi-Fi and it was slow and NOTHING loaded. No water or snacks were given, I even created a Spirit Rewards account, in order to get a free beverage and snack ( like the website said), but the attendant was not helpful in assisting me with this. There’s also no first class, and the “extra legroom” is NOT extra legroom, compared to Delta and American Airlines. I WILL NEVER FLY SPIRIT AIRLINES AGAIN!!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO THIS AIRLINE!

1  Thank K1283EZcourtneyb
Reviewed 22 May 2022

I called because I had a medical situation & needed to change my flight times (well in advance of my flight, like a month). When I was told of the enormous change fee I asked to speak to a supervisor to explain my situation & see if the fees could be waived. By the time I got to a supervisor my flight was already changed and she said there was nothing she could do. I informed her that I wasn't aware that the agent went ahead and changed my flight, the reason I wanted to speak to a supervisor was to try and explain so why did she go ahead & change my flight anyway. I escalated the issue and was told that I gave permission for my flight to be changed so they're keeping my $$. Of course initially I wanted to change until I knew of the $$. Basically a $125 ticket ended up costing me over $260 and I still have yet to pay the enormous fee for my bag. What was supposed to be $125 is now going to cost me $300. They are thieves. I think the agents get paid commission based on the amount of $$ they can get from customers. Spirit is on my black list for life. I would have come out better booking with American.

1  Thank Annettenoland
Reviewed 22 May 2022 via mobile

My family and I booked a once in a lifetime trip to Disney World.....MONTHS in advance. We were super excited and spent a lot of money. We went to Navarre Beach Florida, first (on Delta), and Delta did a great job. However, we were told the day before we were going to leave Navarre Beach (to Orlando) that our flight was canceled, because they "didn't sell enough tickets". They had no other flights for a week, and every other airline was ridiculously expensive (because it was the day before), and they had to fly 2 hours the opposite direction....to get on a connecting flight to Orlando. We had no choice but to spend the ridiculously expensive car rental fee. We had to drive 8 hours, instead of the 2 hour flight we planned on. Ruined our first day at Disney. We went to Disney and our flight from Orlando to Louisville Kentucky was REALLY EARLY, in the morning. We left the Disney resort super early, so we wouldn't miss our flight. We go though security very quickly and had two hours before our flight. We got hungry, so we had to "bite the bullet" and spend $60 on airport food, because we were at the terminal. Well....20 MINUTES BEFORE TAKEOFF.....we were told our flight was canceled (Again, because they didn't "sell enough tickets"!), and we had to go back to the beginning of the airport and stand in a ridiculously long line. We get up to the counter, and they tell us the next flight was in two days. Also, there was no guarantee that flight also wouldn't be canceled. They wouldn't give any compensation. Only would refund the tickets, as if we never booked the tickets in the first place. Not giving any care about the fact that we were now essentially in the negative, because of the situation we were in and the cost occurred because of them. They wouldn't even help with any hotel accommodations, based on THEIR actions. I spoke to a supervisor, and she didn't care AT ALL....being ridiculously rude about it. We had no choice but to get a same day rental car (which was CRAZY expensive on the day of)......and drive 12 hours to Louisville. Crazy extra expense and wasted vacation time.....all because of this crappy airline. Don't ever book with them, because they simply don't care, and you'll end up being Tom Hanks in the movie "Terminal".....again without them caring. Can't say enough about how crappy this airline is! They should be shut down! Book at your own risk! Don't do it or you'll regret it!

Date of travel: May 2022
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.