“You get what you pay for...and then you have to pay for more.”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 2 September 2020

Would not recommend this airline. I bought this ticket because it was a last minute 70$, so, of course I thought it was the right choice. Get to the airport and end up have to spend an extra 140$ that I had no knowledge of. The staff is alright, working at an airport is stressful, anyways. The cheap price of the ticket is definitely a trap as a carry on is an extra 55$ and you can only bring a small bag or purse for free. Other airlines do not do it this way. Just pay the 40$ extra for a nicer airline, it’ll do you well. Or if it’s close enough and you really want to save money just take a Greyhound, not the top dog experience but definitely saves lots of money. To anyone who reads this, have a safe trip and always remember to do research. :)

Date of travel: September 2020
2  Thank 313paigen
Write a reviewReviews (24,584)

Reviewed 2 September 2020

We couldn't beat the price (even after paying for our seats and checked bags) of the flight back to Cleveland. It was barely $180 for the both of us. You couldn't ship yourself UPS that cheap!

Check-in: Very efficient. There was in one in line when we approached the counter. The first customer service agent we came in contact with was rather "short" with us and didn't help us with the kiosk procedure. NOTE: Make note of the weight of your check bag. The limit is 40 pounds...period...not the 50 of other airlines.

Plane: The plane seemed newer, which is fairly typical of the majority of the Spirit fleet. We sat in the "big front seats", which rival that of the first-class seats on other airlines. Only exception is they do not recline. None of the seats on Spirit planes recline. But you get ample leg room and are very comfortable. Worth the money...even if there is no complimentary meal or beverage. The plane was nearly full, which is typical of ULLC airlines. Covid-19 advisories were clear and were stringently enforced. I didn't feel at risk at all.

Experience: The flight was smooth...no issues albeit the typical bumps. The flight attendants were very cordial, talkative and had a sense of humor, and made the flight enjoyable. Deplaning was pretty quick too...no wasted time there.

All in all...well, I would definitely fly Spirit again.

Date of travel: September 2020
1  Thank Gary_Denise2014
Reviewed 1 September 2020

We were greeted with a smile like they were actually happy we were there, not like we were just routine, next flight people. Welcoming was great. Pilot was smiling in his voice when speaking. Smooth trip in air and early landing and takeoff.

Date of travel: June 2020
1  Thank userLRyan
Reviewed 1 September 2020

Good flight and on time, flight attendants were friendly, offered beverages 10 minutes into the flight, plenty of space for carry on.

Date of travel: August 2020
    • Food and Beverage
1  Thank X8664STchuckb
Reviewed 31 August 2020

So I booked through spirit as it was a low fare ticket and I needed to get to Atlanta ASAP. My flight to Atlanta was okay. No delays. But the seats are incredibly small. Also other airlines were seating people only in the window and aisle with no in the middle because of the Covid pandemic. But spirit continued to seat people in all 3 seats with no social distancing. That I didn’t like at all. They seem cheap at the time of booking but then nickel and dime you. $50 for a carry on there and back. On my way back home they changed my flight times 3 times. The only way I knew was checking my flight. They failed to tell us. I asked for a refund and the girl said if she refunds me I won’t be able to get on the flight. Say what?! Talk about bad customer service. And then she said I would have to wait until the next day at my original flight time to leave if that last flight would have been canceled. Spirit the right thing to do would have been to get me on the next available flight and refund me And still be able to fly. They allow you to bring one personal item for free and that’s what I did to save money. The seats don’t recline at all and it feels like your sitting on wood. Spend the extra money and book with a better airline.

Date of travel: August 2020
1  Thank 467lindseyh
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.