“Bare-bones... but the experience was better than the "major" airlines”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 2 September 2020

We couldn't beat the price (even after paying for our seats and checked bags) of the flight back to Cleveland. It was barely $180 for the both of us. You couldn't ship yourself UPS that cheap!

Check-in: Very efficient. There was in one in line when we approached the counter. The first customer service agent we came in contact with was rather "short" with us and didn't help us with the kiosk procedure. NOTE: Make note of the weight of your check bag. The limit is 40 pounds...period...not the 50 of other airlines.

Plane: The plane seemed newer, which is fairly typical of the majority of the Spirit fleet. We sat in the "big front seats", which rival that of the first-class seats on other airlines. Only exception is they do not recline. None of the seats on Spirit planes recline. But you get ample leg room and are very comfortable. Worth the money...even if there is no complimentary meal or beverage. The plane was nearly full, which is typical of ULLC airlines. Covid-19 advisories were clear and were stringently enforced. I didn't feel at risk at all.

Experience: The flight was smooth...no issues albeit the typical bumps. The flight attendants were very cordial, talkative and had a sense of humor, and made the flight enjoyable. Deplaning was pretty quick too...no wasted time there.

All in all...well, I would definitely fly Spirit again.

Date of travel: September 2020
1  Thank Gary_Denise2014
Write a reviewReviews (24,584)

Reviewed 1 September 2020

We were greeted with a smile like they were actually happy we were there, not like we were just routine, next flight people. Welcoming was great. Pilot was smiling in his voice when speaking. Smooth trip in air and early landing and takeoff.

Date of travel: June 2020
1  Thank userLRyan
Reviewed 1 September 2020

Good flight and on time, flight attendants were friendly, offered beverages 10 minutes into the flight, plenty of space for carry on.

• Food and Beverage
1  Thank X8664STchuckb
Reviewed 31 August 2020

So I booked through spirit as it was a low fare ticket and I needed to get to Atlanta ASAP. My flight to Atlanta was okay. No delays. But the seats are incredibly small. Also other airlines were seating people only in the window and aisle with no in the middle because of the Covid pandemic. But spirit continued to seat people in all 3 seats with no social distancing. That I didn’t like at all. They seem cheap at the time of booking but then nickel and dime you. $50 for a carry on there and back. On my way back home they changed my flight times 3 times. The only way I knew was checking my flight. They failed to tell us. I asked for a refund and the girl said if she refunds me I won’t be able to get on the flight. Say what?! Talk about bad customer service. And then she said I would have to wait until the next day at my original flight time to leave if that last flight would have been canceled. Spirit the right thing to do would have been to get me on the next available flight and refund me And still be able to fly. They allow you to bring one personal item for free and that’s what I did to save money. The seats don’t recline at all and it feels like your sitting on wood. Spend the extra money and book with a better airline.

1  Thank 467lindseyh
Reviewed 31 August 2020

I got these tickets cheap for a last minute trip to Phoenix so I didn’t expect luxury but in light of the rising numbers of COVID-19 cases in both ATL and PHX, I thought the airline would have done something- just a little something- to protect passengers. NOPE! Although my flights were only about 70% full, they packed people three on each side of the aisle in the rear of the plane and left tons of unsold seats empty all over the plane that could have been used to provide some space for safety. Plus, they announced that people were not allowed to fly without wearing a mask properly but did NOTHING to enforce it. The flight attendants walked past people who had taken off their masks or pull them down below their mouths and said nothing- not a word! Proves that these leeches don’t a flying flip about their passengers’ safety- just their profits and not being bothered to do what’s right. With a little effort, they could have made these flights safer and more pleasant but could not be bothered. If you are concerned about the spread of the virus, AVOID THESE BIG YELLOW PLANES LIKE THE PLAGUE!!

4  Thank Fearless793987
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.