“Smooth sailing”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 1 September 2020

Good flight and on time, flight attendants were friendly, offered beverages 10 minutes into the flight, plenty of space for carry on.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank X8664STchuckb
Write a reviewReviews (24,878)

Reviewed 31 August 2020

So I booked through spirit as it was a low fare ticket and I needed to get to Atlanta ASAP. My flight to Atlanta was okay. No delays. But the seats are incredibly small. Also other airlines were seating people only in the window and aisle with no in the middle because of the Covid pandemic. But spirit continued to seat people in all 3 seats with no social distancing. That I didn’t like at all. They seem cheap at the time of booking but then nickel and dime you. $50 for a carry on there and back. On my way back home they changed my flight times 3 times. The only way I knew was checking my flight. They failed to tell us. I asked for a refund and the girl said if she refunds me I won’t be able to get on the flight. Say what?! Talk about bad customer service. And then she said I would have to wait until the next day at my original flight time to leave if that last flight would have been canceled. Spirit the right thing to do would have been to get me on the next available flight and refund me And still be able to fly. They allow you to bring one personal item for free and that’s what I did to save money. The seats don’t recline at all and it feels like your sitting on wood. Spend the extra money and book with a better airline.

1  Thank 467lindseyh
Reviewed 31 August 2020

I got these tickets cheap for a last minute trip to Phoenix so I didn’t expect luxury but in light of the rising numbers of COVID-19 cases in both ATL and PHX, I thought the airline would have done something- just a little something- to protect passengers. NOPE! Although my flights were only about 70% full, they packed people three on each side of the aisle in the rear of the plane and left tons of unsold seats empty all over the plane that could have been used to provide some space for safety. Plus, they announced that people were not allowed to fly without wearing a mask properly but did NOTHING to enforce it. The flight attendants walked past people who had taken off their masks or pull them down below their mouths and said nothing- not a word! Proves that these leeches don’t a flying flip about their passengers’ safety- just their profits and not being bothered to do what’s right. With a little effort, they could have made these flights safer and more pleasant but could not be bothered. If you are concerned about the spread of the virus, AVOID THESE BIG YELLOW PLANES LIKE THE PLAGUE!!

4  Thank Fearless793987
Reviewed 31 August 2020

I was on a flight from San Diego to Detroit. The family that was seated in the row in front of us should never be allowed to fly again. Not only did they, on MULTIPLE occasions, break FAA regulations, they endangered the lives of everyone on that aircraft due to the lack of respect for CDC guidelines. They refused to wear their masks for the entire duration of the flight, disregarded direct orders from Spirit crew members about wearing face masks and staying in their seats on 6+ occasions, they were literally climbing over the seats, touching other passengers not in their party, and wore their seatbelt and were in their seat for a total of 30 minutes out of the entire 4 hour flight, despite orders from the captain and crew members to remain in their seats with their seatbelts fastened. The woman who was assigned to the seat across the aisle from us also disregarded direct orders from Spirit crew members by not wearing her face mask and encouraged the family in row 9 to disregard orders from Spirit crew members saying quote, “what are they going to do, throw us out of the plane?”

When we finally landed, Spirit crew members did not execute social distancing disembarkation practices, so everyone was crowded around trying to get off the plane. Our flight out to San Diego a few days prior set a level of expectations for safe and comfortable flying during this pandemic, but this flight made my husband and I NEVER want to fly on Spirit again due to the lack of concern for CDC guidelines and FAA regulations and ultimately, the safety of all of the passengers on that flight.

3  Thank TaylorW1017
Reviewed 31 August 2020

Horrible customer service, Avoid doing business with this shady company. I regret booking my flight with Sprit.

1  Thank SilverSurfer109
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.