“If I get coronavirus, at least I’ll know where it came from”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 31 August 2020

I was on a flight from San Diego to Detroit. The family that was seated in the row in front of us should never be allowed to fly again. Not only did they, on MULTIPLE occasions, break FAA regulations, they endangered the lives of everyone on that aircraft due to the lack of respect for CDC guidelines. They refused to wear their masks for the entire duration of the flight, disregarded direct orders from Spirit crew members about wearing face masks and staying in their seats on 6+ occasions, they were literally climbing over the seats, touching other passengers not in their party, and wore their seatbelt and were in their seat for a total of 30 minutes out of the entire 4 hour flight, despite orders from the captain and crew members to remain in their seats with their seatbelts fastened. The woman who was assigned to the seat across the aisle from us also disregarded direct orders from Spirit crew members by not wearing her face mask and encouraged the family in row 9 to disregard orders from Spirit crew members saying quote, “what are they going to do, throw us out of the plane?”

When we finally landed, Spirit crew members did not execute social distancing disembarkation practices, so everyone was crowded around trying to get off the plane. Our flight out to San Diego a few days prior set a level of expectations for safe and comfortable flying during this pandemic, but this flight made my husband and I NEVER want to fly on Spirit again due to the lack of concern for CDC guidelines and FAA regulations and ultimately, the safety of all of the passengers on that flight.

3  Thank TaylorW1017
Write a reviewReviews (25,044)

Reviewed 31 August 2020

Horrible customer service, Avoid doing business with this shady company. I regret booking my flight with Sprit.

1  Thank SilverSurfer109
Reviewed 31 August 2020 via mobile

The flight was both cheap and relaxing. Went for a 2 month trip. I will definitely be flying again with Spirit!

1  Thank noveriner
Reviewed 30 August 2020

We went to the airport after changing our flight w them the day before so we could fly into Jamaica. The agent stated we needed Covid test results -false since we were flying in 8-19-20. Her and her supervisor mr frank Jackson argued with us, apparently unable to read, and refused to let us board. We asked for them to call someone else, they refused. We lost close to $5000 and it was just too bad! Sorry, we can’t do anything for you. Someone will contact you. Three hours later frank Jackson called to apologize, they misread the information, and we were right. He would make notes and someone would call us. We have filed three complaints online, spent 4 hours with what’s ap and still nothing. We have flown with them for years and have two upcoming flights. How can we get someone to help?

2  Thank 273erint
Reviewed 30 August 2020 via mobile

Rate was great. Did not need to check bag. Check in was smooth. Seating a little tight. This was a short flight, so seating was OK. Not sure if I could handle a long flight. I will give it another try.

Date of travel: February 2020
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
2  Thank sdgibsonlp62
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.