“Horrible last min cancellation”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 16 October 2021

Normally happy with SW, but they just cancelled my international 7am flight at 4am, and auto rebooked me to late tomorrow which means I loose $1000’s worth of vacation spend. Ridiculous that there is not a least a 24 hour notice on this.

Date of travel: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (44,131)

Reviewed 15 October 2021

SW hurt a lot of people unnecessarily. They cancelled our flight then lied to us about other flights that day. Then to top off everything SW refuses to answer their phone in a reasonable time. 120 minute wait and ten they disconnect you. My confirmation number was 2JTQZQ if they give a damn. I lost a lot of money on a house cancellation. I think I’m going to take SW to small claims court over the money I lost. Want to hear the excuses they gave. THE WEATHER WAS BAD IN FLORIDA, COULD NOT FIND ENOUGH FLIGHT ATTENDANTS, COVITS, TRUMP, FLIGHT ATTENDANTS UNION AND PROBABLY MORE TONIGHT. I HOPE THE FAA FNES TESE CLOWNS.

• Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank joefriday1
Reviewed 15 October 2021

Purchased two tickets for non stop flight, later SWA secretly made change to our flight to two stop flight. Without knowing my flight has been changed by SWA, imagine with 88 year old disability mom , how tough the journey could be worse than this. Another big issue could even worse, what if I missed my flight for no show, SWA definitely will take my money for no show simply because I have no proof that SWA didn’t notify me!
Luckily I had to make change to my flight due to waiting for covid booster shot to discover SWA secretly changed my flight.

Reviewed 14 October 2021

Southwest cancelled a flight we were checked in for 4 hours before departure with no good explanation. Southwest Airlines was unable to offer an alternative flight home. We had to rebook with another airline with the soonest flight being 2 days out. We incurred costs exceeding $1,000 due to this cancellation, and they send an email offering a $100 “I’m sorry” voucher towards future flight? We will never fly this airline again and will not recommend to anyone we know.

Reviewed 13 October 2021

they cancel flights and delay others you never leave at the time your boarding pass indicates! and they didn't compensate

• Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.