“MAN”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 31 July 2021

Horrible what they do to customers. Cancelled flight with no real explanation. Other carriers were making all their flights to Denver last night. Rude customer service. No heart. My friend was going to visit her grandchild and was really looking forward to the trip. All they offered was a seat the following night with no hotel room voucher. Fly with anyone else.

1  Thank D3651BUmichaeln
Write a reviewReviews (44,012)

Reviewed 31 July 2021

Cancelled flight after original boarding time - no explanation. Customer service lacking. There was no heart. Logo needs to change!

3  Thank GG_Exploring
Reviewed 29 July 2021

My family and I bought Southwest tickets to fly to Mexico in December for my 50th birthday. Prior to flying my father contracted COVID and was also diagnosed with dementia. The hotels also put COVID restrictions into place. We called Southwest and cancelled our flights to which we were given "Travel Funds".
Fast forward we are taking the family and going on a vacation in December, this year. We tried to book the flights using our travel funds and were told we can not due to them expiring in October. We called customer service and explained the situation and were rudely told we have to wait until they expire and then pay a $100/per ticket fee to reinstate them. We understand paying the fee and requested to pay it now to extend the date. We explained we can not wait until October to book the flights as flights are limited and are already nearly sold out. The customer service rep had zero compassion and stated there was nothing she could do that that was the policy. We asked to speak to a supervisor and were told only contact with them was through email. The email response we received only had a first name and stated there was absolutely nothing that could be done to try and resolve the problem. We called customer service again and once again explained the situation. We again said we would gladly pay the fee now and book the flights. The rep sternly responded that they are not able or willing to do anything to assist. That we would have to take our chances and wait until after October (IF they decide to take the fee and extend the funds!) or just loose all the money. They stated they gave 2 year extensions for travel plans changed due to covid, she then sarcastically stated that we did not fall in that time frame.
COVID is out of our control, along with the medical problems of my father. We are not asking for a refund of the money or even asking to have a fee waived to extend the funds. I simply want to book a flight flying the same month I was going to previously! No compassion and no attempt at finding a solution!!! I will not fly Southwest again.

Date of travel: December 2020
    • Customer service
    • Value for money
2  Thank Dreamer628190
Reviewed 29 July 2021

Our daughter was supposed to get married last year but Covid strung us along so we had to cancel flights we had booked. The wedding is finally happening this Fall and when I went to use our flight credits (travel funds) I found they were expiring in a few days. After literally hours on hold I was informed that while the date booked met their Covid extended deadline, the cancel flight date was outside of it by a month so they would not do anything for us. The best they would do is extend for 6 months if I paid $100 per ticket. So much for heart...

Date of travel: August 2020
    • Customer service
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank chriskW1133NX
Reviewed 29 July 2021

Our flights were already changed two times in a week after booked. First they moved the outbound flight 2 hours later which is very inconvenient since we have to drive 5 hours upon arrival. Then they changed the return flight from nonstop to one stop. departing earlier, arriving later, same price! Given they already changed flights two times in a week, what are our chances to have anything resembling our initial itinerary in the mid of October when our trip is scheduled for. And of course you can not cancel it! Only rebook for other non-nonstop flights at even more inconvenient times.

3  Thank sergeh0007
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.