“GARBAGE CONT.”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 11 July 2021

I paid extra for a nonstop flight and 2 days before the flight changed and I had a layover on the way there and 2 layovers on the way back. When I brought this to their attention they WOULD NOT COMPENSATE FOR THE EXTRA MONEY I PAID. Only a full refund. Not even early check in or switch me to a sooner group since I did PAY EXTRA FOR A NONSTOP THAT I DID NOT RECEIVE. If I would have been made aware that they can change flights that you pay extra for then I would have paid the cheaper price for the normal flight that I actually received. THIS AIRLINE IS A SCAM AND ONLY CARE ABOUT MONEY. They also have very very limited drinks and snacks during the flight and that just makes it that much more NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE.

-A still very angry and tired passenger.

1  Thank 286chaylal
Write a reviewReviews (44,626)

Reviewed 11 July 2021

Wish I could put ZERO STARS AND 0% CHANCE OF RECOMMENDING.

Good luck if anything happens to your flight for weather conditions. They DO NOT COMP ROOMS. THEY DO NOT COMP FOOD. THEY WILL MAKE YOU SLEEP IN THE AIRPORT.
I will absolutely never fly southwest again and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you do not either. They would compensate NOTHING. No blanket. No food. No snacks. NOTHING. Not even early boarding for the next flight that I was forced to rebook to the next morning. I would pick American Airlines or Delta if I were you. The ONLY benefit is 2 free checked bags but at what price?? THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE HELP.

Now I understand weather conditions... but there were only 9 of us who got the short end of the stick and they would do NOTHING FOR US.

-A very angry and tired passenger.

1  Thank 286chaylal
Reviewed 11 July 2021

I have always flown southwest for a long time and never had a problem but this time was totally different. I flew down to New Mexico to visit family and brought my kids with me which are 3 1/2 year old and 6 month old. The airline does not tell people traveling with kids that they do not serve juice anymore they only serve coke, Diet Coke, 7up, or water or Coffee I was very disappointed. plus southwest used to serve food on their long flights like the one I did from Chicago to Albuquerque- we’ll let me tell you not anymore they only serve peanuts. I had such a close connection in Chicago that I had no time to stop and get food for my 3 1/2 year old son. Plus at my connection it took a pilot and someone else to call down to the people who pull your luggage to find my stroller bag which almost made us miss our connection. Plus this airline used to call ahead to connecting airports and tell the connecting flights to wait to for people - we’ll let me tell you they don’t do that anymore either so if you miss your connection they don’t care.
So what I am trying to say is - Do Not Fly Southwest Airlines cause I know I won’t be anymore I’ll be taking direct flights from now on.

1  Thank ShortyLibby
Reviewed 10 July 2021

On our flight from Denver to Phoenix, my adult daughter and I had a mature gentleman for a steward. He was either having a really bad day...or he is in the wrong business! I accidentally spilled pop on my daughter's tray table and lap. We hit the call button and when he came over I pointed to the puddle of pop and asked for napkins. He brought 3...just 3. We hit the call button again and a friendly younger woman came over with a stack of napkins explaining that when a person is standing like that it usually means a spill. We thanked her, cleaned up as much as we could before the gentleman came by to collect trash. Now, he gave us napkins not 5 minutes earlier, he saw the cup with ice and napkins but he choose to totally ignore us and pass by our row looking to the other side of the plane! That younger woman came a minute ot two later and took our trash. I think the old guy would be better suited as a Walmart greeter!

1  Thank 270peggyu
Reviewed 10 July 2021

We scheduled this flight to Spokane for a family gathering on July 4. I scheduled an early flight because we needed to go to Kalispell and wanted to be there for the party on the first night. However, SWA canceled the first flight for us and put un on one that got in at 4 PM. With getting a car and driving that would put us in at 9 to 9:30 PM past the time of the party. I changed the flight to one at 6 AM that got us in at 11 AM. On the 3rd I got boarding passes and we were set or though I thought. At midnight on July 4 SWA sent a text message saying the flight was cancelled and rebooked to the another flight that got me in at 4. I read the message at 3 but we had no options. We had a ride scheduled at 3:45 that we couldn't cancel so we were at the airport for 5 hours before we were on the plane. We were given boarding passes at the end of C section boarding and I explained what had happened but the gate agent wouldn't' move us into the A priority line without us paying money and there were spaces available for that. So we were the last to board. Luckily we found space for the carry one. This is the first time I have ever flown SWA and had this type of thing go on.
I have flown SWA since the 80s and have always thought that this airline was better than the rest. Now I have a jaundiced eye and will think twice about using them for my travel.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Mike H
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.