“Covid related cancellation, no refund”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 9 July 2021

I had booked a reservation on SW Airlines, April 2020 to fly to and from Galveston TX
Thd reunion was cancelled due to Covid. I called SW A, to cancel. i was told the funds would be a credit that expires in 12 months, ( I didn't like the expiration date on something I paid for and was unable to use) I accepted that, I figured I'd use it in the next year.
I am planning a trip to Chicago at the end of July 2021..I tried to use my confirmation number, and was rejected. I call SW customer service. I explained the situation. The rep explained to me that the 12 month cancellation was from 12 months of the pmt, not 12 months from the flight.
I was offered a possible voucher that would be mailed out in 30 days and that SW would take half the voucher as an admin fee.. I told them that this wasn't acceptable. They reiterated to me that it was their policy at SWA to swallow funds with out any concern for the client. Those were not their words, however that was the message received.
my intention is to place every review possible to warn others of these unethical practices.
Dan OBryan

Date of travel: September 2020
2  Thank danoP8977CP
Write a reviewReviews (44,557)

Reviewed 9 July 2021

Can not imagine a worse experience. Moved back a flight but wouldn’t tell the passengers early enough to change flights. Customer service was less than helpful to say the least. Then to run salt in the wound they wait for 30 minutes for passengers at 1 am. Will be traveling any other airlines for sure.

1  Thank H2100ODjackh
Reviewed 8 July 2021

We love Southwest. They make it so easy for families, with family boarding first so they can sit together - on a recent flight when people moved to let a late-boarding family sit together, the captain came on to commend them! On another leg of that same flight, security was delayed and we just got to the gate in time and were the last ones on the plane. My partner and I started to sit in middle seats, and a kind attendant signaled us that there were still two seats together at the back. Service is always positive and helpful, our flights have been smooth, we love the great rates and free bags - it's a slam dunk.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank jaimebK4733YM
Reviewed 8 July 2021

I fly for business and only fly southwest. I have never had a bad experience. I understand issues with weather and staffing right now. The crews in Nashville are always willing to help. Keep up the great work. See you Monday!

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank msedlacek2018
Reviewed 8 July 2021 via mobile

Totally disapointed with this airline… you purchase a Vacations package because of the itinerary and the good reviews, but you ending getting a totally messy trip… Good reviews are probably created by the same airline… aircraft with mechanical issues, flying delays, change of routes, price is not cheap, so think twice before you book with this Airline.

1  Thank Alves V
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.