“Worst of all airlines.”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 8 July 2021

Horrible, South west airlines is extremely unorganized they are constantly messing up gates, and double booking flights. Constantly running late. I don’t care if you get free snacks they suck. They need to get there stuff together. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone. If I could give them a 0 I would.

1  Thank Hotteine
Write a reviewReviews (44,557)

Reviewed 7 July 2021

If I could rate a 0, I would. Worst airline I’ve ever encountered. First flight was cancelled less than 8 hours prior to departure for no reason. They rebooked me on a flight over 24 hours later. When I called customer service, there was literally nothing they would do for me other than give me a travel voucher for that one leg of the flight that expired 2 months later, if I cancelled and rebooked on another airline for $1200! Then, on the return flight, they kicked the man next to me off the flight because his sleeping dog that was inside of a carrier under the seat, that he paid for and was an emotional support animal, was not zipped in the carrier. This was without warning and they did not give him an opportunity to zip the carrier. They rudely yelled at him and his tiny dog without any warning and forced him off the flight. Worst airline and customer service ever.

1  Thank brittanymY4817VH
Reviewed 7 July 2021

The agent who sold me my ticket and issued a boarding pass did not mention anything about not being able to bring a carry-on in addition to the small dog in his bag. This was not a policy expressed prior to going through security etc.

As a result, I had my important items in my carry-on and planned accordingly. This included medication and tech items.

When I got to the gate, someone announced that folks who needed additional time to board the plane should go to the gate. I did so and immediately was told without a hint of politeness or consideration that I could not have a carry-on. If I did not check the bag "I WOULD NOT BE LET ON PLANE." It is stressful to be talked to like this and aggravating to shuffle belongings around at the last second at some jerk's whim. I would be more flexible if communication was improved.

I believe that I was only singled out because I made the choice to notify staff I needed a few extra moments to board as it says in the highlighted section of the airline’s website. If I had not asked for an extra minute, it seems unlikely I would be ordered around like this.

It's not ok to change policy at the last second and be so rude about it and then not expect any frustration in return. Being ordered around like a criminal in response to trying to have basic accommodations is not ok.

I do not "look disabled" but suffer setbacks in panic and related issues, especially in the airport. A little consideration goes a long way. Even normal levels of human consideration for the customer would be leagues ahead of the experience I had with the airline. Will never fly with them again.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank trvlone11
Reviewed 7 July 2021

Flight was six hours late, no apology or recompense from airline. When I tried to rebook, they changed my boarding group to an inferior group. After I changed back to my original flight, I still did not have the original boarding group that I’d booked. No offer of help from gate agent.

1  Thank 981ebenc
Reviewed 7 July 2021

Worst airline ever!!! You don't save in the long run due to mental health1!! We were over charge due to a ancllation. No service or watr er servided. No assigned seats...awful experience.

Date of travel: June 2021
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank O3945ONlaurieb
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.