“DO NOT book hotels through Southwest Airlines!”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 23 June 2021

We assumed that Southwest Airlines would offer reputable properties - wrong. They take you to booking.com, and the biggest problem with booking.com is that their properties are not vetted. Our money for a booking was taken, then we were denied entrance to the property after 10pm when our plane landed because of the fine print. On the second day of our booking, when we are let in, we find out that there was no key to the property in the first place, as a prior tenant had lost it. The door was wide open - and continued to be so as we were out and about. Additionally, we lost $150 on a deposit that the property wanted us to "zelle" to him - he didn't return it because of damage to the kitchen... there wasn't even a kitchen in the one room property we rented. Plus, there was no toilet paper, and no bath towels. Still, booking.com will not refund us the money for the first night or for the deposit. STAY AWAY.
(I have no problem with the airline itself - just the hotel booking)

Date of travel: May 2021
1  Thank Z751BTelisap
Write a reviewReviews (43,921)

Reviewed 22 June 2021

Checked my bag but when I got It from package claim it was wide open and unzipped with missing items

2  Thank Ngold011
Reviewed 21 June 2021

My son and his family were supposed to fly from Midway to LaGuardia on June 18 for a family reunion. At 3AM he received a text that the flight was cancelled. There were no other flights that day. He tried to book a flight for later in the summer, only to discover that the number of points needed had doubled. It would be fair for Southwest to offer him the opportunity to rebook for the same number of points, but they have not offered him that option.

2  Thank Ellen G
Reviewed 21 June 2021

Southwest has been my favorite airline for years. This trip they really dropped the ball. The airplane had mechanical errors, which happens. The problem was there was no communication at the Aruba airport. The staff at the gate were not given any training or instructions. The passengers were getting text messages from the airline saying the flight was delayed, then cancelled, then rebooked and the staff was not aware. Literally a 20 year old girl was in charge. She did her best. It was so chaotic and it really didn't need to be if there was just better communication. I have a few trips I am planning. I am not sure I will use Southwest unless I hear something from the airlines.
In the end, we had to stay overnight. The hotel was not at all prepared to accommodate that many people. The room had an awful odor.
The worse part of the whole experience was on both days we were told to show up 4 hours ahead of our flight. In both cases, Southwest employees did not show up for at least an hour. On day two we all arrived at 6:30 am. SW staff came at 7:30 am. Customs did not open until 9:00 am. It was insane and all avoidable.

Reviewed 21 June 2021

The service at all stations to and from Hawaii was very good. Staff was courteous and helpful. However, the WiFi on both flights did not work well at all.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.