“Worst”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 22 June 2021

Checked my bag but when I got It from package claim it was wide open and unzipped with missing items

3  Thank Ngold011
Write a reviewReviews (44,006)

Reviewed 21 June 2021

My son and his family were supposed to fly from Midway to LaGuardia on June 18 for a family reunion. At 3AM he received a text that the flight was cancelled. There were no other flights that day. He tried to book a flight for later in the summer, only to discover that the number of points needed had doubled. It would be fair for Southwest to offer him the opportunity to rebook for the same number of points, but they have not offered him that option.

3  Thank Ellen G
Reviewed 21 June 2021

Southwest has been my favorite airline for years. This trip they really dropped the ball. The airplane had mechanical errors, which happens. The problem was there was no communication at the Aruba airport. The staff at the gate were not given any training or instructions. The passengers were getting text messages from the airline saying the flight was delayed, then cancelled, then rebooked and the staff was not aware. Literally a 20 year old girl was in charge. She did her best. It was so chaotic and it really didn't need to be if there was just better communication. I have a few trips I am planning. I am not sure I will use Southwest unless I hear something from the airlines.
In the end, we had to stay overnight. The hotel was not at all prepared to accommodate that many people. The room had an awful odor.
The worse part of the whole experience was on both days we were told to show up 4 hours ahead of our flight. In both cases, Southwest employees did not show up for at least an hour. On day two we all arrived at 6:30 am. SW staff came at 7:30 am. Customs did not open until 9:00 am. It was insane and all avoidable.

1  Thank Maresven
Reviewed 21 June 2021

The service at all stations to and from Hawaii was very good. Staff was courteous and helpful. However, the WiFi on both flights did not work well at all.

1  Thank BestMomma0072
Reviewed 21 June 2021

This review is not only of one flight but the entire experience flying from Nashville to Bozeman and back in around 30hr. First, every flight but one was delayed "due to mechanical issues" .. are none of these planes fit to fly or are they using this as a generic excuse for allowing their entire schedule to fall apart through any given day. Would they lie to you? Yes!! Had a gate agent tell us to "run for it" 20 something gates away in Denver when she knew full well that our connecting flight had left, stranding us .. just pure evil. Sure the planes were packed, the food/drink service abysmal but what I want to concentrate on here were the personnel. In my working years I flew Southwest literally hundreds of times .. they had always been the friendliest, happiest folks in the sky. I don't know what happened to their corporate culture but EVERY agent we interacted with was rude, uncaring, bothered, not helpful and in at least one case, just pure evil. The flight crews were mostly curt and officious. The Southwest of the past is far in the past. It would be fitting for them to fold their tent and get out of the business because clearly they hate to fly and it shows.

2  Thank David S
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.