“trip to tampa”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 26 May 2021

flight from prividence to tampa arrived at airport went to southwest counter checked bag and received boarding pass the agent was friendly and polite everyone is required to wear face mask in airport and on flight got to the gate and boarded plane took off and arrived on time on flight stewardess was friendly great flight

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank donthegangsta
Write a reviewReviews (44,190)

Reviewed 24 May 2021

Customer service is a joke that gives you the run around and no solution. So disappointed in southwest

Date of travel: April 2021
1  Thank Sjmedina61
Reviewed 24 May 2021

I flew economy on my flight there and upgraded to Business Select on the way back.

Southwest welcomes pets but not happily. Southwest Airlines lacks the friendliness that Jet Blue Airlines offers when it comes to traveling with dogs. While Jet Blue requires that carriers must be placed below the seat during taxi, take off and landing, Jet Blue lets you hold the carrier on your lap during the flight. Southwest's policy to keep your pet under the seat for hours is animal abuse. I found that some flight attendants are more welcoming of pets than others and some are not at all. The rules seem to change based on which team you get on a particular flight. I remember when flying Southwest Airlines was fun. But now they try to make jokes, be congenial over the speaker and are plain rude when interacting with people. Some flight attendants pick on customers and seem to make up their own rules. The older ones are the worst. Especially the blond ones. I'm not impressed with Southwest Airlines. It's a good thing we have airline choices.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank B5426EIsarah
Reviewed 23 May 2021

Booked a flight and hotel through the Southwest app for my nephew and family of three RT from MSP to SNA. On the return, my niece checked her family in 24hrs in advance with no issue. Upon arriving at the airport two hours ahead of their flight. When they went to check there bags they were told their flight had been changed from 10:50 to 7:00 and they missed their flight. My niece showed the agent her electronic boarding passes and the agent told her that the notice was sent to Southwest vacation and they were responsible for notifying the family not Southwest Airlines (are you kidding me)! The agent then informed my niece she had been rebooked on a flight6 hrs later. She asked if they would rebook her on the last flight of the day, which was wide open, as this would allow her family (two small children)?to return to our home and wait for the new flight. A supervisor then came out and said they would not move them, and that she was already doing them a favor not making them fly stand-by. She also told them If they wanted the late flight they would have to buy new tickets. I arrived at the counter meet the supervisor and she made these exact statements to me as well and added “it our company policy and I have already gone out of the way confirming them.

My wife and I fly at least once or twice a month Southwest was always a airlines we would recommend but with this experience never again!!!

3  Thank Peter P
Reviewed 22 May 2021

So l flew from Atlanta Ga to San Antonio,had my two boys 3 years and 18 months,an hour after we took off one of the hostess asked me if l had paid for my son to sit on that seat,and i did not get it how l was going to get in a plane with two kids and not pay for the seat and my son is 3 years,l found it very disturbing and it was an hour after taking off,,i was sad and embarrassed and disappointed about this approach..

2  Thank NOkulunger
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.