“Best airline ever”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 12 May 2021

My fav I’m literally only flying southwest it’s so much batter that spirit spirit is so trash don’t ever fly spirit fly southwest

Date of travel: December 2020
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (43,801)

Reviewed 12 May 2021

I always heard their customer service is "like no other,” & that’s true - just not in a good way. Had to cancel flights last spring due to COVID for my kids & one of their friends (had [lowest fare] flights with both Southwest and Alaska). The friend doesn't ever travel, so will never use the credit. You'd think during a global pandemic (read: beyond anyone's control), they'd allow for a transfer of credit in situations like this (I understand non-refundable, but non-transferable [in general really] is crappy "customer service"). Not budging. Basically I got "tough luck on losing your money, but hope you'll fly with us again soon" from 2 different CSRs (hoping they'd resolve & I wouldn't have to leave a negative review.) Ha, not a chance I'd fly with them again.

Alaska? No problem. Credits can be used for anyone. :)

Date of travel: June 2020
Reviewed 12 May 2021

Southwest tends to hold seats during check in to later upgrade you for $30 even though you’re not guaranteed a specific seat. You’ll end up in group C even if you checked in exactly on time. Don’t be stupid and pay $30. They just need to change check in.

Date of travel: May 2021
Reviewed 11 May 2021

I have been booking through what I think might be their travel agency. I can't tell because their service on the web and on the phone is awful. I mean their systems, not their people. They cannot handle transactions smoothly. "System is down" is an excuse I get after hours of waiting on them. Does the airline really want this level of service associated with them? They can have the sweetest agents but they can't do all but the simplest things I can do for myself. Why pay for empty service that has no access to the airline travel credits, their credit card machines don't work. 2 hours on the phone and stress non stop. Hard to rate an airline I can't even book.

Date of travel: October 2020
Reviewed 11 May 2021 via mobile

The service is inhumane and unfriendly. They wouldn't give a priority boarding to a pregnant woman with 2 little kids, who were pretty miserable standing in a boarding line (there's no assigned seating) for half an hour because of the airline delay.
Not only they compress people into their dirty airplanes like garbage in a dumpster truck, where you sit shoulder to shoulder, but their airplanes are late and then they "marinate" you inside the plane while it's just stays at the gate for 30 minutes on a 58 minute flight! If your life and sanity are precious to you - spend a few extra $$ and avoid it at all cost!

Date of travel: May 2021
1  Thank Emil L
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.