“Oregon Trip”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 26 August 2020

Went from Philly to Denver and then onto Portland on Southwest recently. Booking was easy, middle seats were kept empty, staff was great as usual, had no problems with anything. I love flying with Southwest. They were only serving ice water and a snack but we always bring our own from the airport on board so we did not mind.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (43,661)

Reviewed 25 August 2020

Long story short, a Southwest rep had to book my husband's flight. She said she put him on the same flight as me. She did not. I called back to have them fix it and they said they will not be fixing it. I can change his flight and pay the $478 difference. It was a $91 flight. I've always been happy with Southwest until this point. They've always been helpful and I believed they believed in their ideals. I was very, very wrong. DO NOT trust their reps to book a flight. DO NOT purchase Rapid Rewards points. DO NOT think they will fix their own mistakes. I am going to have to cancel my trip because I will not pay $569 for a flight that was $91 after they made mistake, after mistake, after mistake. If you call their 855 customer service number, DO NOT work with Jenna S or DeShone J. Terrible experience at baseline that could have easily been fixed. They have legitimately said, "we aren't changing the flight" after acknowledging the agent booked the wrong flight and didn't state the flight she booked on the phone.

2  Thank 988lindsaye
Reviewed 24 August 2020

I was extremely nervous about flying during the pandemic. Southwest did a great job ensuring all customers were practicing social distancing and wore masks for the entire flight. I was extremely happy they did not fill the middle seats which was a plus

2  Thank Starsnsky
Reviewed 23 August 2020

Everytime I fly a different airline I always longingly think of how easy Southwest is to fly. I love the ticket pricing, the checking in the day before, (unless I forget :-) ), the way they board, that's the best and easiest. No fuss not muss. They always take off so much sooner than any other airline, no delays getting the people on and seated.
Thanks Southwest, you make traveling a bit less stressful.

Reviewed 22 August 2020

I called 8882187336 thinking it was the Southwest Customer Service Number. It was in fact a scammer posing to be them. First they tried to charge $$ for transferring one of our flights. They ended up cancelling my flight and trying to get more money when I called back to get it fixed. Thankfully I figured out what happened and called the real Southwest and they made it right with zero out of pocket, even though it wasn't their fault. I have been Southwest's biggest fan. Now even more so!!!

• Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.