“Recent trip on Southwest”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 17 March 2020

Made a trip to Portland from Ontario this past week. Decided to come back a day early and was able to change my flight in 5 minutes using Southwest's website. Their policy of no change fees is fantastic and we actually saved money on the booking change which they deposited in our account. Also like the no charge for bags policy.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Greg W
Write a reviewReviews (43,661)

Reviewed 17 March 2020 via mobile

Some old white guy was a flight attendant and he was very rude.
It took an hour to get a drink of anything.
Our flight was not economy it was business select.

Reviewed 17 March 2020

Friendly service in person and online with employees always willing to do what they can to make all aspects of the flight enjoyable. The boarding process is most efficient and is the only airline I know that still allows two free checked bags.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 17 March 2020

Our recent trip was cancelled due to the state of emergency and the level 4 advisory rules by the government during the covid-19 virus in March of 2020. I called to speak to Southwest regarding our flights because they had to be cancelled because of the closure of borders, travel restrictions and everything covid-19 related. Southwest offered me a credit which we were fine with until they told us we had to use it in a certain time frame which was within 10 months. (completed travel) My family and I travel on march break which means they would expire and I would lose out on 2100$ Canadian. The lady said if they allowed us to extend our travel time on these tickets come January and I would not know until January 2021 when they were due for expiration then I would have to pay 400 dollars us funds to extend them. This is not ok and considering the travel restrictions and the safety of everyone including my family, I should not have to pay a cent to extend them or wait until January to know if they will allow the extension at all. I find this very poor customer service on southwest's part considering the government ordered no travel unless its essential and we could not travel for the safety of us and everyone else. This was not our decision.....!!

2  Thank gracecheshrie
Reviewed 17 March 2020

Check-in as soon as recommended and take advantage of 2 bags checked free per-person. Really ejoy the snacks and listed of free beverages. Super friendly staff.

Date of travel: March 2020
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.