“First Flight on Southwest”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First time ever flying Southwest. There was more legroom, wider seats(?) and open seating. No first class or business class, so everybody is treated the same. I really liked it compared to the other airlines. I usually fly Delta. I will be looking At SW again for my next trip.

Date of travel: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (31,167)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I rode JetBlue to Burbank and Southwest on the return trip and I gotta say that Southwest planes seemed a lot more dated lacking in features although I paid more for my Southwest tickets. The seats had no built in entertainment system, you're forced to use your own device and their WiFi entertainment and drain your battery for the duration of the flight. The complementary snack sizes were pathetic, I'm pretty sure the bags of pretzels were .05oz in size. I'm also not a fan of the "first come first serve" style seating. I rode on two SW flights last night and I was the last boarding group for both. Everyone gives you dirty looks and pretends to cough like they're sick so you don't sit next to them and take the seat they "reserved" with their bag and coat. Better off booking with an airline that has reserve seating so I don't have deal with rude Southwest customers. Definitely won't be flying with them again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I really enjoy flying with southwest. I think they have the nicest flight assistants and great service. My bags arrive on time and unharmed. The boarding system is different but I really don't mind it.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Food and Beverage
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have a few disappointing experiences to share about this flight. First, I’ll begin by writing that I had no issues with the flight itself. The pilot told us what he needed to and got us to our destination on time.

The issue I had was with the WiFi. The pilot reset it as passengers were voicing their disapproval. After some time, it did come on but people were unable to watch any of the movies because of the shortened amount of time left in the flight.

I happened to be sitting near two rows of related families with small children. They played peekaboo, talked very loudly, and even with my ears covered, I could hear their conversations for the two hour and 15 minute flight. The flight attendant did come to talk with them as they paid for their drinks, but the sound level never got to a normal tone.

Because the flight was pretty full, those around this group had no place to move.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been a SW traveler for close to 30 years. Recently, travel is just so sad - even on SW. I am contemplating going back to delta and O'Hare for my monthly flights to Chicago.
Issues:
1. I do not feel it is safe or courteous to let wheelchair passengers deplane before all others. At the very least, it places connections in jeopardy for the rest of us. People are slow enough to deplane when not waiting for a wheelchair - this just makes it painful and anxiety-producing to wonder if you will make your connection (or arrive there sweaty with a full bladder and an empty stomach after speed walking to another terminal).
2. I find it extremely annoying to pay extra for "early bird check in" and still be in the middle of the B group - B23, right in front of the guy who had no idea what early bird check in even was. Invariably, after "passengers needing extra assistance" board first and "family boarding" boards between groups A and B, you get stuck in a middle seat or, and only if they are not also boarding from the rear, maybe a rear row aisle by the bathroom. The exit aisles are taken by people who, for the most part, do not appear able to open the exit in an emergency and don't even listen to the safety brief. Good luck getting anyone to survive an emergency landing!
3. Bring back the peanuts! On a 3+ flight leg we were only served those nasty, stale pretzels.
Kudos:
Still the friendliest economy seat flight attendants in the biz

• Food and Beverage