“Uneventful Flight!”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My recent trip on Southwest airlines was a breeze. There were no delays, luggage made it to my destination and was not damaged! And no extra charges for luggage. Yeah!! That was a great experience.
The last two times I flew (United and American) the experience was not as smooth. Long delays, frustrated passengers and staff. But not with Southwest airlines. I flew with a handicapped partner and Southwest was very accommodating. I did not request a wheelchair in advance but when one of the staff saw her struggling...walaa! There was a wheelchair and someone there to get her to the gate. They also had a chair waiting for her when we landed.

Write a ReviewReviews (31,048)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

southwest is always pretty good with their nonstop flights I was sad when they decided to stop serving peanuts but their new snacks make up for it. the staff is always very friendly and helpful. the only thing we did not like is that we paid for early pre boarding and it seems that the people with children can get on the flight before the people who paid to get on in the earlier part of boarding even if they are assigned in the last part of boarding they still get on first which I think they should have to pay to do that as well.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The flight was delayed due to airport issues , not airline issues, and even though our connection time was 1 hour and our initial delay was 1 hour , Southwest did everything in their control to make it to the connection airport and get us on our way to our final destination WITH OUR BAGS !!!
A wonderful experience , professional and courteous all the way.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Paid too much. Happy the bags are included in the ticket price. A decent flight in a tiny chair. Courteous service. Departure times are now approximations although we did land on time. Not sure the $300 dollar difference in fares is worth not having to pay for the bags separately. Still, my preferred airline despite the industry attempts to fly only tiny little rich people.
Boarding is now an entirely new experience with group boarding numbers and festival seating.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall, I think Southwest is pretty transparent with their pricing. What I like best is their organized boarding process. You can make a conscious decision on how early to board...possibly, fly more frequently and accumulate miles...pay for the privilege to board early.

I have not flown Southwest for many years. My most recent flights have been a short domestic leg and then overseas. Anyway, some passengers on SW are not shy to vocalize their displeasure with conditions they encounter. I had an aisle seat. The man by the window seat was not shy to chastise the person behind to tell them to stop kicking "his" seatback. I thought the man (20+ or even 30+) was speaking to a kid by the tone of the man's voice. When I heard the response with an apology, I turned and saw a grandmotherly type person explaining she was trying to put away her belongings. If I were the man's mother or grandmother, I would be grabbing for the bar of soap to teach him to be more respectful to the elderly. Yes, I am of the generation who knows about getting mouths washed with soap for being disrespectful.

As we were completing the boarding, the man in the aisle "called down" two young ladies (at least 30+) in the row across from us for being 'too loud'. Even though it was just barely past lunch on a Friday afternoon, these ladies were in a 'party mode'...laughing...talking loudly as if in a 'party room'. I agree they were loud, but not obnoxious. This is just to give background on the condition of the passengers and my overall experience. What is curious is that just minutes before the man in the aisle ended a phone call with whomever. He needed to talk loud enough to be heard above the background noise of people boarding meaning he was not speaking in a quiet voice and I did not need to hear his side of the conversation. Folks who chastise others for being loud should take a look in the mirror.

Final comment is about the man who wanted to place his suitcase in the compartment above my row. I was sitting in the front row so all of our belongings must be be placed in the overhead compartment. Yes, there is early boarding for the aged and inflicted. "My overhead" compartment was not full, but the compartment did have my computer bag and jacket and a smal item from the guy by the window. There was still some space. A guy placed his suitcase in the overhead, but had trouble closing the compartment cover. He tried several times to adjust the suitcase and close the cover. Finally a passenger across the aisle told the guy the suitcase was not going to fit. Begrudgingly, the guy removed his suitcase and said 'while looking at me' that there must be too much stuff in the compartment. I commented my jacket and computer were up there, but I was not quick enough to educate him that passengers in the front row must place all their belongings in the overhead.

Certainly, people should speak up for themselves. There are ways to be respectful of others and still express your concerns.