“The long way, but comfy”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 18 February 2018

We flew to Portland from Omaha for a family event. Our itinerary took us via Phoenix to San Jose, where we changed planes for Portland. Somehow my daughters and I were able to score exit row seats on both flights, so we were able to stretch out and survive the 7 or 8 hours flying. Why the fares were best for that route I have no idea, but flying Southwest sometimes involves interesting connections.

We returned through Denver, which geographically made a lot more sense. For New Year's Eve the flight was pretty calm. We were in the front row for this one, which isn't as roomy as the exit row but made deplaning and getting to the parking garage quick, which was nice.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (29,887)

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

The stewardesses were really nice and we were on time. No problem with that!
BUT don’t think about to use this airline if you are allergic to nuts! I am and it was horrible. The staff gave a pack of nuts to everybody on board without saying or asking anything. Most of the people opened it right away and 5 seconds later I needed to run to the bathroom. I felt really sick on the whole flight. Luck that it was just 50 minutes....I will never fly with this airline again. They should be aware that there are many people with allergy to nuts.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Our experience on Southwest was great! Plane was half-full on the outbound which isn't so unusual for the beginning of February we were told. Boarding was no stress because we did early bird check-in and knew we'd have room in the overhead. Let on time. The only reason why this isn't a 5 star review has to do with the boarding procedures at Puerto Vallarta. Although the cattle barn atmosphere at the gate is not the fault of Southwest, they don't have an adequate process to ensure people with the lower boarding number get on first as they have to cram you onto a bus to get from the gate to the plane. My advice is that you get on the back of the bus as this is the door they opened when we got to the plane (in our case anyway)

Reviewed 18 February 2018

My group of 28 adults and I flew from Kansas City to Washington, DC in early February. Online check-in is so very easy! Baggage check-in is so very easy! Southwest people are so very helpful! Flight departed a little bit late, but arrived early!

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Direct flight and ontime for all flights. Our MCO/MCI was not crowded, so that helped with our comfort. The return flights (plane change in St Louis) were full.
Southwest does everything they can to get their aircraft boarded as quickly as possible. If passengers would cooperate a little more it would help. My main complaint with passengers, are the ones that think every little thing they have needs to go in an overhead bin. They a variety of items in an overhead, even when the attendants are speaking over the PA system that the flight is full and if they carry more than one item one, the smaller of the two is supposed to go under the seat in front of them. It's like they think they are specially entitled to not follow the stated process.
Southwest flight attendants are always courteous and helpful from our perspective. Another thing I noticed on the full flights, a first for me, was the flight attendants would tell people to place smaller items under the seat in front of them...and they were pleasant and direct with their instructions at the same time. BRAVO to the flight attendants. I hope this is policy across all Southwest flights. I have strongly hinted when boarding Southwest flights at the end of the process that some of the items in the overheads weren't supposed to be there. I've also told those in close proximity, since I believe the stuff normally belongs to someone close, they can relocate these items or I will. I've never had an issue. All they need to be told is they aren't any more special or entitled than anyone else. We're all entitled to use the overheads for the proper items, regardless of boarding order. I hope the flight attendants continue to remind their passengers to comply with their policy and direction.