“Great experience.”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Even though I had a connection, my first experience on Southwest was pretty great. I'm ditching Delta as a first choice and moving to Southwest.

Write a ReviewReviews (16,833)

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I've been pleased with Southwest for years, and when I was still working, I hoped for trips where I could take Southwest. This was our first leisure trip on Southwest, and a few things made it better. First, we have TSA Pre-check, so security at the airports are so much less hassle that it was before. Second, I paid for automatic check-in and priority seating. I don't think it was all that much, but then again, on Southwest I didn't have to pay any bag fees so it was more affordable. When I checked the app before our first flights, we had already been checked in and boarding passes issued. We were in A group and in the first 30 slots on all four flights, so we pretty much had our pick of seats on boarding. Third, both our flights to Portland (through Phoenix) arrived early, the one in Portland almost 30 minutes early. That got us going on our vacation that much quicker.

Downsides? Sure, its still flying on a bus in seats designed for pygmies. There is some legroom, but that ignores the fact that you will be touching the person next to you even if you don't want to. And should the person in the seat in front of you decide to move his seat back into your space, well, let's hope you moved your laptop or tablet before he went back, or you may not see it until its time to land.

As a group, Southwest cabin crews are the friendliest I've encountered. They are helpful, and seem to understand that, if you had your preference, you'd rather have a whole row to yourself, so they seem to care a bit more than other airline crews. Our crew coming back from Phoenix had some funny lines and kept us entertained.

That said, I would have been cramped in any other airline since I can't afford first-class. So, at least Southwest gets me there quicker with less hassles.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

The flight was uneventful, arrived early. I abhor Southwest's boarding process. It feels like a cattle car. Once inside, there was plenty of room. The flight wasn't overbooked. The flight attendants were pleasant.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Twice in the past 3 months I have had a flight cancelled. I understand things happen. What I find frustrating is the lack of communication and assistance that is given to passengers. One woman in the baggage area was rude to me the first time and someone complained to me about her on the second occasion. Two votes she should not work there.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

The flight attendants were very attentive. Food is minimal. None to purchase. We paid the extra $15 to board in A group and got the aisle seats we prefer but were annoyed by people who abused the system. One man walked to the gate on his own accord, walked to the bathroom before the flight, pulled out a retractible hiking stick when the flight was called. He and his wife were first on board. Another group of 6 came along with an elderly lady who most likely needed her cane. Only her grandson could board with her. They both took aisle seats. A couple came by and wanted to sit with the grandson and he said he was saving them. The wife told her husband, he can't do that, but the husband didn't want to start anything and moved on. Another guy who got on as priority seating demanded to sit in the exit row and refused to move. The attendants said they were going to talk to the captain but a couple who were sitting there said they'd move and he got to stay. It was announced that priority seating can't sit in exit rows???? I like reserving my seat and having it on my boarding pass.