“Atrocious designated seating”
Review of Ryanair

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Ryanair is the king of micro-transactions, honestly they put in an effort to seat people who book together apart from each other, unless you pay them not to.

For example, there was a family of 7 on our flight, and through Ryanair’s simply wonderful seating system, they all got placed in the middle seats on separate rows, next to random people they had never met.

Quite honestly I find it amazing when I get to demo what it feels like to be crushed between 2 large Polish men, who each take up about 20% of my seat.

Therefore I would rate Ryanair a solid -5 if trip advisor would allow me to.

Date of travel: April 2018
1  Thank ninjacoffee
Write a ReviewReviews (55,377)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Organized! Again I chose to fly RyanAir for my trip to London. You cannot beat the price and value. This is my 3rd time flying them and will continue to do so for any of our destinations they fly to. The crew was nice and always smiling. Landing was a little rough with the weather, but smooth flight in the middle

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Watch out you have to check in online 2 hours before departure time or else you will have to pay a "service fee" that costs almost the same as the ticket. Then we had to walk 15 minutes to get to our gate then there was a 2 hour delay on our flight.

Date of travel: April 2018
1  Thank bjarni dagur d
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Left Manchester on 16 March. As usual although any other airline would have normally offered my wife and I seats next to each other we were 'randomly allocated' seats far away from each other. On boarding we had the usual Ryanair-only experience at Manchester of being marched down many stairs (carrying bags) and then onto the apron in the very cold weather to then climb up the stairs. As I boarded I looked back into the open 'mouth' of the unused jetway that would have been used by any other airline to board without this major Ryanair hassle.
Two days before our flight back on FR3209 I received a text message from Ryanair saying that our return flight had been CANCELLED. No explanation, there was no bad weather expected either in Manchester or Malaga. Of course other flights were heavily booked - I had to find an extra 400pds for myself and my wife to get home.

1  Thank Brian H
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The flight was ok in both directions, flight staff doing what they can to make peoples flights comfortable. Ryanair are a budget flight operator and overall I was happy with the service but those little added extras continue to mount up.