“Angry Airline Agents”
Review of Ryanair

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Ryanair is horrible. The airline's agents scolded me 3 times. The 1st was because a roaming agent asked to see my boarding pass and I happened to be on my phone. I showed the mobile pass to her and she yelled at me for not printing it, but I had a printed copy in my bag. Meanwhile, at least 50% of passengers showed a mobile boarding pass later. The 2nd and 3rd time was by the boarding agent. He yelled at me for not having checked-in, even though I did so online, and then he yelled at me for not having the right documents. I didn't even bother asking what that was about and he just let me through.

The flight was delayed over an hour and boarding was a huge mess. Our gate was changed and we ultimately had to board via a hot, crowded bus that took 20 minutes to drive to the plane. None of this was announced. We then got on the plane through multiple doors, none of which were organized by seat number. It should be that passengers in rows 1 to 15 board through the front and passengers in rows 16 to 30 board through the back, but this is too much logic for Ryanair. Furthermore, the seats are old and uncomfortable, and the aisle has so little room that I was hit by 5 different people's bags.

The flight attendants don't give a crap about your comfort. The carts barely fit down the aisle and hit me a few times as well. The flight attendants slam drawers right next to you. Announcements were so loud and nonsensical that they kept waking people up. One of the announcements was to buy scratchcards for "a special chance to win 1 million Euros with 14 tickets for only 7 Euros." The proceeds supposedly go to a children's charity, but it's such an immoral way of requesting donations. Here's a bright idea: just donate the 1 million Euros to charity. Moreover, I've never seen this done on an airline.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (31,028)

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Never in my life have I seen such complete incompetence, unprofessional and awful behaviour on a plane by the actual staff !!!! We have just returned from Italy after a fabulous holiday ( we ha heard on the news about the cancellation of flights) but our flight was ok, I think it was as we were part of a package holiday and a group of 48. At the airport there was one person to check in the full flight who whenever she felt like stopping to talk to other airport staff just did so - we just got through security and to the gate as the flight was boarding. getting on the plane the two cabin crew were standing with their phones and did not acknowledge one passenger, they also done this when passengers were leaving the plane. The flight time was 2 hrs 30 mins and it took 4 cabin crew 1 hr 45 mins to serve drinks and snacks and also ran out of tea !!!!!!!!!!!! I ordered our drinks, paid for them I had to ask for my change and she got her phone out to use the calculator to see what the change was and then they just moved onto the next row without giving me the drinks - the lady beside me had to ask 3 times for her coffee and was told she couldn't have it as the plane was starting its descent into Dublin. I was never as relieved to get of that plane as I honestly believe that if there had of been an emergency on that flight not one of the 4 cabin crew would have had any idea whatsoever in what to do. I do know and fully understand that a customer service job is not always easy but dear god the cabin crew on that flight were just useless.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

A budget airline....small tight seats, little leg room. have travelled better budget airlines. service good, staff pleasant, guess we were lucky not to have our flight cancelled given the current situation at Ryanair!

2  Thank Raul F
Reviewed 21 September 2017

My wife and I use Ryanair at least twice year for round trips to Italy, flying out of Stansted to Pisa, Verona, Bologna and Venice and have never had any problems with punctuality and certainly not price. Staff have been courteous and the self-check in and bag-drop technology seems to work perfectly. Would, however, put in a plea for the departure lounge at Venice Treviso (currently a stairwell!) be upgraded.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Always a mixed bag with Ryanair. The main selling point is of course, the price. A recent return trip was roughly £50 which is excellent.

The optional extras can be tough to avoid but if you can, Ryanair is a good option. The service and waiting at the gate, the seats on the plane and in flight service aren't great. Always check just how close the airport you are flying to is to your destination as you may be arriving in a hanger in the middle of nowhere.