“When something goes wrong it's terrible”
Review of Ryanair

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Let me be clear. If you don't want to pay much money for a ticket you should not expect luxury. So check your luggage size, make sure you have enough time to check in your bags, don't complain about the space. If I want to fly cheaply I cannot expect luxury. But I do expect that if they totally mess it up they take responsibility. Our flight to Basel was delayed by more than two hours. When we finally arrived over Basel there was a curfew. The airport closes at midnight, and the Swiss, well they are clockmakers. Everyone knows that. Our flight was then routed to Frankfurt/Hahn, a little airport 4 1/2 hours drive away from Basel. They couldn't get enough buses to shuttle everyone to Basel. The rest was promised that they would be repaid their extra travel expenses. Some took taxis to Basel. My kids and I chose the cheaper version and waited for the first bus to the next train station at 5:15 am and then took the train. We arrived 12 hours later than planned. Tired and more than 300 Euros poorer. When I asked Ryanair for the reimbursement for the extra costs they told me that the diversion was due to safety issues and that they had provided sufficient transportation for every one. Not true. The worst thing was that we lost more than half a day of our already short vacation. So be aware if you take late flights to Basel. You might end up in the middle of nowhere in the middle of night and your travel will be much more expensive.

1  Thank Elisabeth E

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I traveled to Newcastle by car driven by a friend who parked in the short stay car park. Check in was easy and the assistance arrived quickly so my friend left. We were quickly through security and taken through to a special waiting area until the flight was called. On boarding I had assistance to my seat. The flight took off on time and was very comfortable and arrived on time. Assistance collected me and we went by car to the arrival area and quickly through security and baggage then out meet my daughter and granddaughter and a taxi to her home

Reviewed 20 August 2017

I book Ryanair most of the time to fly back home to visit my family and its actually not that bad. They have new machines now with more foot space, the seats are more comfortable and they are pretty much always on time. For what you're paying you get a lot and with Ryanair you're usually not paying too much.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Website unclear about additional fees and what counts for cabin bags and what can be checked. I was charged €210 for weight overages because 15kg is an unrealistic number for anyone traveling for an extended period. Do yourself a favor and take a ferry boat from Athens. Avoid at all cost... And I mean COST! You get what you pay for.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

All the things you can get tripped up on like checking in on line, bag weights, hand baggage etc etc are pretty standard these days, but the in flight set up is ok and the flights generally ok.