“Refund for a canceled ticket”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 29 September 2022

I have got the worth trip experience by Qatar airline! Unfortunately, they have not refund my money for a ticket (more than 3400 USD) was canceled more than 2 month ago! I call them to many times BUT still fighting to get my money!!!

Date of travel: August 2022

Reviewed 29 September 2022

After all the reviews I had read my expectation was obviously too high. The check in staff at Manchester airport chatted about their shift pattern and rotas with little acknowledgment towards their customers, no paperwork was checked regarding Covid vaccinations and the acknowledgment paperwork which I was emailed twice about was not collected from me. Boarding was an absolute fiasco, maybe inexperienced, when we finally got seated in economy it was cramped, very little space for movement and uncomfortable. The entertainment package was pretty poor too. I had requested a fruit platter, ordered on line and confirmed but not available. The transfer at Doha was well organised, disappointed to find no toilet facilities at the gate to get changed. Again economy was cramped and uncomfortable, the service was pretty poor, food was absolutely disgusting and only one choice available on the main meal. Overall extremely disappointed, hope the return journey is better. The only good thing was the timing of the flight.

Reviewed 29 September 2022

Absolutely shocking airline and I would never recommend them to anyone. Lost ALL our luggage on the way over and so far have refused to pay compensation for our added expense. Tried to get me to pay for an additional flight on the way back after one of their flights was delayed and I missed a connecting flight. Absolute fraudsters

Date of travel: August 2022
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 29 September 2022

I was told by a crewmember that I couldn’t board the flight because I didn’t have PCR testing. He cancelled my flight, so I had to stay 24hrs, overnight near the airport. I received PCR testing the following day, however, when I returned to board the flight there was noticeable confusion amongst the staff of Qatar, since I was told by one that the PCR testing was no longer needed after the cancellation of my flight and payment of $250. The supervisor spoke to verify PCR Testing to board. To pacify the situation, the supervisor, in Boston, offered NEW boarding passes for bettering my seats. The supervisor promised that these new tickets would afford the entire seating row. Later found that the supervisor provided me with the WRONG tickets, so this caused great confusion upon disembarking. I arrived in South Korea, but I wasn’t asked to give documentation for PCR testing. They charged again 2,496 USD for rescheduling that should’ve been free of charge. One of my baggages is also missing till now by the handling of airlines! Very unfriendly and unhelpful staff ; an overall stressful and unpleasant travel experience with Qatar I’m afraid to say.

1  Thank jessica122022
Reviewed 29 September 2022

Cabin staff seem to routinely ignore south asian passengers, especially women travelling alone. They will be very attentive to a white passenger and completely blank an asian girl sitting adjacent. As a mixed race couple we regularly see a different quality of service depending on whether we sit together. Problem seems worst with arab staff while others give superb sevice. I like Qatar and fly regularly with them but they need to sort this out. Is it a class thing, training or just good old outright racism? Spoils the whole experience.

1  Thank 27pauls
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.