“Having to pay yet more to reserve your seat”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 14 August 2022

I'm astonished to find that we have no seat reservations on our Doha/London flight with Qatar. We can pay an extra $101 dollars EACH to reserve one though. Really?! Our flight from Perth to London is with BA's partners, Qatar. BA have already charged us an extra £5195 to return after being stuck in Perth for 2.5 years through closed borders and BA's flight cancellations. That's for 'going over the 2 year rule' apparently. Nothing in the T and C to say this. Dreadful way to look after customers.

• Customer service
    • Value for money
1  Thank L8214GGbarbaram
Write a reviewReviews (33,052)

Reviewed 13 August 2022

Booked in advance, app informed me of delay approx 5 hours before take off but this was not on airport information board. Landed in rime for transfer but was not allowed to get on flight, New tickets had been arranged for 8 hours later, no lounge or hotel given. Very noisy and uncomfortable night in airport as start to holiday of a lifetime.

Reviewed 13 August 2022

I had a long stayover at Doha for 22h. I contacted the office in Berlin and requested a complimentary accomodation due to long hours stay over but they refused and suggested that I can cancel my flight if I wish not to agree with them.

When I arrived at Doha I was shocked to know that despite having the visa to enter I can’t do that becuase the policy changed overnight and the anyone wants to enter the country must have PCR.

I went to the airport hotel to stay but their rates were mind blowing with over $600 US per night.

Even I requested an access to any lounge but it was another story of their greed. I ended up sleeping here and there despite having some health issues.

Very bad and greedy airlines!

Date of travel: June 2022
1  Thank 744israaa
Reviewed 13 August 2022

We traveled a lot and used services by endless of airlines.
We had an Ok trip to Maldives but the way back ended really sad.
The check in in Maldives and the flight to Doha was ok but the way back was totally opposite.
Had a short connection - was promised that the groundstaff in Doha would be at the gate helping us out. No one there, had to run quicker than Usain Bolt to catch the flight. The boarding process in the middle of the night was the worse ever. Slow and bad. The airplane left late of course because of that.
Came to Sweden, one bag missing. Reported that on Arlanda Airport. Qatar claims they delivered it to Sweden, Sweden says they never received it. Tried reaching out to Qatar Airways through there chat, Phone, everything is impossible. If the bag permanent is missing they give 20 USD per kilo which covers not even 5% of the missing items! They are rude, not service minded and it seems like I joke to them that one of our bags with memories, camera gear, dive equipments, clothes, medicine, fragrances are missing.
At once they told me that me as a mother is responsible for buying clothes to my son - not the Airline.
I will never ever fly with a company that’s not following the European standard for claims!

20 USD per kilo - that’s a joke! Qatars service handling this is so sad and horrible! I was asked to fill in a form online, my booking or last name is wrong according to them, tried another way, takes them 7-10 days to answer.
Waited more than 2 hours on there chat, no one there.

I will not go with Qatar again and don’t recommend anyone else to do it.

Reviewed 13 August 2022

I phoned Qatar Airways help line to ask for assistance to give me details regarding the delayed flight of my mother and daughter from Manila, Philippines to Manchester, UK. The person i spoke to on the phone, Abdul, sounded very unpolite. He's tone seemed rude. I'm already stressing out with the delayed flight and he stressed me out even more

Date of travel: August 2022
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.