“AWFUL AIRLINE! NEVER TO FLY ON AGAIN!”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

So, we were delayed by about 1hr and no voucher or anything. Everything in the airport is very expensive. When we got to the gate, it was a remote stand so accessibility is not great at all. Turns out it was the same gate we’d just got off from our previous flight from Perth. So did a big loop round that took 2 hours. When we got on the plane, it was boiling hot. No water was served. APU had gone tech. Said the AC would come back on when we were in the air.
DURING THE WHOLE 6-8 HOUR FLIGHT, ONLY SERVED TWICE WITH A DRINK. KEPT US VERY DEHYDRATED! We landed late and our Son loves planes and we asked if he could see the cockpit, they refused and made us leave the aircraft immediately. This made him very upset which we had to deal with when we got off the plane.

We specifically ordered special meals which were never served and very little selection of movies and tv Shows. First 30 mins of wifi free. Over priced for longer.

HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND! AWFUL AIRLINE AND CERTAINLY NEVER FLYING AGAIN.

Date of travel: February 2022
2  Thank VeryHonestReviewer81
Write a reviewReviews (32,748)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I gave 2/5 for the only reason, that the service on the plane was decent. The food was mediocre, entertainment - ok. And that's where the better part of the experience ends.
I don't comprehend based on what are the comments of a good airline. Especially when considering our experience with customer service - online, on call, at the check in desk (in Cape town). In short - doing the ckeck in with an upgrade resulted in money retrieved from the bank account with no upgrate on the seats. When trying to correct that, spent 4 late hours in chat with the most absurd of agents (2 different, because the 1st one just left the chat), who finally after wasting our time told us they couldn't be of help. Which resulted in sleepless night, an early call in the morning and a short decieveing relief that we got our places (the person on the phone was confident he helped). To only arrive 2 hours before our flight, to find out we are on stand by, to be shouted at, because "how we could have a 9 year old checked at the exit seats (the seats we payed for weren't "exit" seats, but apparently that's what we got on the phone). We had a nightmare of 11 h - overbooked flight, separated seats, wrong food (we made an order with specific diet requirements). And what is even more shocking - there doesn't seem to be an adequate customer service at the receiving complaints side eitherl - I've made the complaint on the same issues 3 times for the last 3 weeks, with not even the simplest of responses to it.

We will not be flying with Qatar, and niether will our circle of relatives and friends. Only hoping the word of that low quality service spreads.

Date of travel: June 2022
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
3  Thank btravell
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I travelled in Qatar Airways on 29/06/2022. When I reached my destination, my 2 luggages lost. It's almost a week now and no initiatives from their side to sort out the issue.If we r calling also they use to reply that... call this number...that number... email to us... Even after all these also no updates. So I will not recommend this service to anyone.

Date of travel: June 2022
2  Thank 257aksal
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am shocked by the service of the "best" airways company. First of all, it has totally outdated info on the official web-site: it shows an office location in Moscow, but according to the call-center, it has not existed for 2 years already. TWO YEARS! and it is still in contact information.

Secondly, each time I call them about a reservation for my cat - they say different information. One person says, I can check in advance if the flight is fully booked with animals, the other one insists that I buy first and then get a confirmation or denial, the third one says that I can get a confirmation not earlier than 30 days before at the same time I already know that they have confirmed animals at nearby flights with mine, the fourth person says that I can order this animal reservation in my profile - it fact it is not true.

How can it be? Qatar Airways, please, update your website and drill your call-center staff.

Date of travel: July 2022
1  Thank Superfreya
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am very disappointed with Qatarairways customer service. I upgraded my dad's ticket to business class to treat him and they did not even let him into the business lounge. apparently he had a low buisness class ticket, clearly not stating that on purchase. when speaking to customer service on the phone they were very rude and did not help at all.

Date of travel: July 2022
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
3  Thank DDmabdullah17
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.