“The worst customer service”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 28 May 2022

I was told that this was the best airline however I was shocked at how me and my problem were treated during and after the flight. Our flight was delayed because of technical problems and me and my family were fine with that the problems started when we got to Qatar. I forgot my phone in the lobby and when we were using the busses to get to our plane i was told by the ground crew that someone found it and that it was on its way and there was no need for me to go back. Apparently no one found it and when I contacted them after my flight was done they told me that they would send a reply within 5 days. It has almost been a month and I still have gotten no reply.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank taham529
Write a reviewReviews (33,038)

Reviewed 28 May 2022

I booked a business class ticket from Miami to Amman (via Doha).
Since I live in Orlando, I rented a car and drove 4 hours to reach Miami airport.
I had requested a wheel chair in advance because my leg was still recovering from an injury that caused my calf to rupture. I told them I had rented a car and that I needed help from the parking lot to the airport. They said they could bring a wheel chair to the parking lot provided I go to the check-in counter and inform them that I have arrived. I was shocked and told them that I have trouble walking but they said they couldn't do anything about it.
When I arrived at the airport, I parked at the Qatar Airways door (#10) and went in to tell them that I had arrived and needed a wheel chair.
After a four hour drive, they surprised me by telling me that the flight had been canceled and that I needed to wait to be rebooked. I cooperated and said I needed a wheel chair to come to parking lot just as we had agreed on. They refused. I parked in the parking lot across the street and walked to them which I couldn't do because of my injured leg. Because of this, my muscle completely ruptured again, and three weeks of treatment went to waste.
I then went back to the check in counter, crying of pain. I begged for a wheel chair. I sat on the floor for over an hour begging for the wheel chair I had previously asked for. After over an hour, they brought a wheel chair but made it impossible to help me throughout my whole trip (including staying at the hotel..etc).
I then said I was going to cancel and drive back home but I needed them to let me take the wheel chair to the parking lot because I could no longer walk (or even stand up). They refused. After 4 hours of me begging them because there was nothing I could do, they agreed to let them take me to the parking lot (which was a 5 minute walk). I have never been so mistreated and humiliated in my life. I was helpless and they just didn't want to help. The people that worked there were horrible and rude and shocking to say the least.

This was one of three bad encounters I have had.

I flew several times with Qatar Airways, but I will never fly with them again. Their customer service is by far the worst.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 27 May 2022

I was very surprised by my first experience traveling with Qatar Airways. It's branded as the best airline in the world but I had way much better experiences with Emirates, British Airways and some low cost airlines in Europe are honestly far better.
Zero information was communicated on their bugging app nor by their staff from London on the delay we were facing at Heathrow airport (about 1h) so I had a stressful 7h flight wondering if I'll be able to get my connection flight on time in Doha. My main worry being that I'm pregnant and I knew Oryx hotel was fully booked, your lounges were full and I couldn't leave Doha airport to book a hotel without facing a quarantine of 14 days in Doha. To add a cherry on the cake, my luggage stayed in Doha and I only got it 24h after reaching my final destination. My laptop and Camera being in my handbag, I had literally nothing to refresh myself nor change clothes as everything was in my luggage left in Doha. I had to buy some essentials in Stone Town (Zanzibar) while waiting for my luggage to arrive the next day and spent 200,000 shilling (£60) that I claimed early April but Qatar Airways completely ignore my email with my request for the £60 to refund me.
I would never travel with them again and really don't understand all the fuss about them being a top airline company. Easy Jet and Ryanair that offer £5 tickets are 100x better.

Date of travel: March 2022
1  Thank Lamusemodern
Reviewed 26 May 2022

We booked our flight with holiday away to puerta de princisa PPS( Palawan) in Philippines. Qatar airways checked in our language to puerta de princisa in Palawan . The staff told us our laggauge will transferred to PPS . Here the problems started
1- Qatar airways staff has not got any idea that when flight changes from Qatar airways to Philippines airways we should have claimed our laggauge .qatar airways knew this but still asking us to collect our laggauge from PPS not Manila. When we got to manila and changed flight from Qatar airline to Philippines airline and went to PPS . Shockingly NO Laggauge were there in PPS.
Philippines aireline contacted Qatar airways and they did not transfer our laggauge to Philippines airlines and we were waiting 3 days for Qatar airways to authorize our laggauge to be transferred to us in Palawan. Also we have to collect our laggauge from PPS airport we hired a car travelled 1.5hr to get to airport instead of delivering it to us.
2- second problem as our flight was connected from London - Doha -manila.
First our flight was delayed by 90min in London when we got to Doha we missed our connect flight .yes they arranged another flight but 9 hr later so we were asked to sleep on floor and not allowed to go out because of COVID. Imagine 90 min late in London then 9 hr delayed in Doha no water no food no place to rest .

Such a rude people , unprofessional, no communication, ruuudddde disgusting rude unpleasant people/ staff, ignorent......

I will never ever fly again with this rude unprofessional airline which they see only $$$$$$£££££€€€€€ nothing else. Money is their conscious and their blood.
But no respect to passenger and their right
Please if you have connect flight never attempt to fly with Qatar airways especially if you have kids or elderly by your side.

Our 2 week holiday was destroyed and believe you me If I could stop this airline flying to London I would .

2  Thank Aman R
Reviewed 26 May 2022 via mobile

I have noticed that all the good reviews are from business class or higher all the bad reviews are from economy ,come qatar we pay too ,we matter

2  Thank Christine M
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.