“Worst customer service! Emirates is much better”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 27 May 2022

I was very surprised by my first experience traveling with Qatar Airways. It's branded as the best airline in the world but I had way much better experiences with Emirates, British Airways and some low cost airlines in Europe are honestly far better.
Zero information was communicated on their bugging app nor by their staff from London on the delay we were facing at Heathrow airport (about 1h) so I had a stressful 7h flight wondering if I'll be able to get my connection flight on time in Doha. My main worry being that I'm pregnant and I knew Oryx hotel was fully booked, your lounges were full and I couldn't leave Doha airport to book a hotel without facing a quarantine of 14 days in Doha. To add a cherry on the cake, my luggage stayed in Doha and I only got it 24h after reaching my final destination. My laptop and Camera being in my handbag, I had literally nothing to refresh myself nor change clothes as everything was in my luggage left in Doha. I had to buy some essentials in Stone Town (Zanzibar) while waiting for my luggage to arrive the next day and spent 200,000 shilling (£60) that I claimed early April but Qatar Airways completely ignore my email with my request for the £60 to refund me.
I would never travel with them again and really don't understand all the fuss about them being a top airline company. Easy Jet and Ryanair that offer £5 tickets are 100x better.

Date of travel: March 2022
1  Thank Lamusemodern

Reviewed 26 May 2022

We booked our flight with holiday away to puerta de princisa PPS( Palawan) in Philippines. Qatar airways checked in our language to puerta de princisa in Palawan . The staff told us our laggauge will transferred to PPS . Here the problems started
1- Qatar airways staff has not got any idea that when flight changes from Qatar airways to Philippines airways we should have claimed our laggauge .qatar airways knew this but still asking us to collect our laggauge from PPS not Manila. When we got to manila and changed flight from Qatar airline to Philippines airline and went to PPS . Shockingly NO Laggauge were there in PPS.
Philippines aireline contacted Qatar airways and they did not transfer our laggauge to Philippines airlines and we were waiting 3 days for Qatar airways to authorize our laggauge to be transferred to us in Palawan. Also we have to collect our laggauge from PPS airport we hired a car travelled 1.5hr to get to airport instead of delivering it to us.
2- second problem as our flight was connected from London - Doha -manila.
First our flight was delayed by 90min in London when we got to Doha we missed our connect flight .yes they arranged another flight but 9 hr later so we were asked to sleep on floor and not allowed to go out because of COVID. Imagine 90 min late in London then 9 hr delayed in Doha no water no food no place to rest .

Such a rude people , unprofessional, no communication, ruuudddde disgusting rude unpleasant people/ staff, ignorent......

I will never ever fly again with this rude unprofessional airline which they see only $$$$$$£££££€€€€€ nothing else. Money is their conscious and their blood.
But no respect to passenger and their right
Please if you have connect flight never attempt to fly with Qatar airways especially if you have kids or elderly by your side.

Our 2 week holiday was destroyed and believe you me If I could stop this airline flying to London I would .

2  Thank Aman R
Reviewed 26 May 2022 via mobile

I have noticed that all the good reviews are from business class or higher all the bad reviews are from economy ,come qatar we pay too ,we matter

2  Thank Christine M
Reviewed 26 May 2022

The first stretch of Bangkok Doha I had a one seater Q suite. Normally when I fly with my wife we ​​have a double Q suite (3E / 3F) Now I had 1A. Flying in Qatar's Q suite is considered the best option to fly in Business class. When you then add the service level that the Cabin staff provides, I have a hard time finding anything to complain about. To be able to decide for yourself when you want to eat, I also find absolutely perfect on longer flights. All people are different I want to eat as early in the trip as possible while my wife wants to get her meal later.
The section Doha - Stockholm was a more common type of seat configuration 1-2-1 The same nice cabin staff.
Have flown a lot during my professional life (am now retired) Have not found in recent years any airline that provides such a good flight (travel) experience as a whole as Qatar air way. They may not be the cheapest option BUT clearly an option not to be underestimated
Qatar airway has always lined up if we have had any problems with my travel (both private and business travel).
Already planning for our next trip and Qatar airway is definitely our main option for this trip as well

Date of travel: April 2022
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank JanK3243
Reviewed 26 May 2022

Have flown with Qatar several times now and they are favoured above almost all others for better service, facilities and getting things right for the traveller.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank petermS8140ZP
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.