“A perfect flying experience (as usual with Qatar airway)”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 26 May 2022

The first stretch of Bangkok Doha I had a one seater Q suite. Normally when I fly with my wife we ​​have a double Q suite (3E / 3F) Now I had 1A. Flying in Qatar's Q suite is considered the best option to fly in Business class. When you then add the service level that the Cabin staff provides, I have a hard time finding anything to complain about. To be able to decide for yourself when you want to eat, I also find absolutely perfect on longer flights. All people are different I want to eat as early in the trip as possible while my wife wants to get her meal later.
The section Doha - Stockholm was a more common type of seat configuration 1-2-1 The same nice cabin staff.
Have flown a lot during my professional life (am now retired) Have not found in recent years any airline that provides such a good flight (travel) experience as a whole as Qatar air way. They may not be the cheapest option BUT clearly an option not to be underestimated
Qatar airway has always lined up if we have had any problems with my travel (both private and business travel).
Already planning for our next trip and Qatar airway is definitely our main option for this trip as well

Date of travel: April 2022
1  Thank JanK3243
Write a reviewReviews (32,784)

Reviewed 26 May 2022

Have flown with Qatar several times now and they are favoured above almost all others for better service, facilities and getting things right for the traveller.

1  Thank petermS8140ZP
Reviewed 26 May 2022

Absolutely agree with Christine M - crumped seats, poor food/ beverages selections , slow customer service, entertainment non-existent.
AVOID!!!!!
And they sting you with huge fees for hand luggage!

Reviewed 25 May 2022

The flight got delayed on 5/25/2022 and the agent couldn’t provide a timeframe on when the flight was going out, response was could be 24 or 48 hrs. Was given a number to call customer service, probably in India, since reception was bad. Utterly useless, said the security answers were incorrect, so they can’t provide details on when the flight is going out, yet it’s posted on the website. Worst service, this site needs to allow negative numbers since 1 is too nice.

2  Thank LordStreiger
Reviewed 25 May 2022

Clearly, there is a gulf between economy and any class above that. For context I've flown with many long haul airlines to the Maldives, USA, Australia and more. This was not the worst ever flight experience but it was still pretty awful. Since booking the flights a year in advance, I had zero response from Qatar customer Services in any of my questions - my experience is that they are simply useless. How on earth did they get any awards?
I tried to book business class - was not able to
I tried to book economy seats - Three times the web engine took the money then cancelled the booking. Three times my credit card company had to step in.
The first flight was late - the seat pitch incredibly poor. The volume control did not work on my entertainment screen so for six hours I had to lip read.
The food I was given (no choice offered) was indescribable - I'm not a food snob by any means but I still cannot tell you what I was given. Meat and a square of white chewy stuff that was supposed to be potato I think? It was awful.
the transfer at Doha saw a Qatar staff member shouting 'MALE' at passers by. Standing in the queue behind her for 15 minutes she then announced that flight XYZ was late and issued boarding passes. We were not on flight XYZ and on a different flight - realising this she barked at us that our gate was closing and that we should run to catch our flight....
Boarding the second flight, someone was already in our seats and using the headphones and blanket. They had decided that they preferred our seat to theirs and only moved after I made enough noise to attract attention.
On this second leg, I was given exactly the same lump of meal which I couldn't eat.
Then 14 days later, on the return flight Qatar simply changed the flight number and cancelled my seat reservation. No email, no answering the helpline, no nothing and to this day 7 days later, they have still not responded to my questions.
On the second and last leg of my return flight, the guy in front demanded he should be upgraded to business which met with the inevitable response from the steward. Sulking, he decided not to wear a mask and instead bounce backwards and forwards in his seat because he couldn't get his own way. I was seconds away from strangling him from the seat behind.
It sounds like a rant doesn't it? But compared with just about any other airline I have been on, I would rank Qatar second from last - an absolutely dreadful company who I would avoid in future like the plague.

2  Thank Bob C
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.