“Still up there”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 26 May 2022

Have flown with Qatar several times now and they are favoured above almost all others for better service, facilities and getting things right for the traveller.

1  Thank petermS8140ZP
Write a reviewReviews (33,033)

Reviewed 26 May 2022

Absolutely agree with Christine M - crumped seats, poor food/ beverages selections , slow customer service, entertainment non-existent.
AVOID!!!!!
And they sting you with huge fees for hand luggage!

Reviewed 25 May 2022

The flight got delayed on 5/25/2022 and the agent couldn’t provide a timeframe on when the flight was going out, response was could be 24 or 48 hrs. Was given a number to call customer service, probably in India, since reception was bad. Utterly useless, said the security answers were incorrect, so they can’t provide details on when the flight is going out, yet it’s posted on the website. Worst service, this site needs to allow negative numbers since 1 is too nice.

2  Thank LordStreiger
Reviewed 25 May 2022

Clearly, there is a gulf between economy and any class above that. For context I've flown with many long haul airlines to the Maldives, USA, Australia and more. This was not the worst ever flight experience but it was still pretty awful. Since booking the flights a year in advance, I had zero response from Qatar customer Services in any of my questions - my experience is that they are simply useless. How on earth did they get any awards?
I tried to book business class - was not able to
I tried to book economy seats - Three times the web engine took the money then cancelled the booking. Three times my credit card company had to step in.
The first flight was late - the seat pitch incredibly poor. The volume control did not work on my entertainment screen so for six hours I had to lip read.
The food I was given (no choice offered) was indescribable - I'm not a food snob by any means but I still cannot tell you what I was given. Meat and a square of white chewy stuff that was supposed to be potato I think? It was awful.
the transfer at Doha saw a Qatar staff member shouting 'MALE' at passers by. Standing in the queue behind her for 15 minutes she then announced that flight XYZ was late and issued boarding passes. We were not on flight XYZ and on a different flight - realising this she barked at us that our gate was closing and that we should run to catch our flight....
Boarding the second flight, someone was already in our seats and using the headphones and blanket. They had decided that they preferred our seat to theirs and only moved after I made enough noise to attract attention.
On this second leg, I was given exactly the same lump of meal which I couldn't eat.
Then 14 days later, on the return flight Qatar simply changed the flight number and cancelled my seat reservation. No email, no answering the helpline, no nothing and to this day 7 days later, they have still not responded to my questions.
On the second and last leg of my return flight, the guy in front demanded he should be upgraded to business which met with the inevitable response from the steward. Sulking, he decided not to wear a mask and instead bounce backwards and forwards in his seat because he couldn't get his own way. I was seconds away from strangling him from the seat behind.
It sounds like a rant doesn't it? But compared with just about any other airline I have been on, I would rank Qatar second from last - an absolutely dreadful company who I would avoid in future like the plague.

2  Thank Bob C
Reviewed 25 May 2022

How many extra seats can you get in qatar.
There was no room to move I had to sit side ways with my arms tucked in for 22 hrs and then the meals arrived how on earth are you supposed to eat 3 courses when you can hardly move your arms ,I know it's economy but it's not cheap and it is the backbone of your company
and brings in plenty money,maybe you could give enough room to sit comfortably and still leave room for trolley to go up and down aisle without hitting arms elbows on the way ,I fly qatar every year for passed 13 yrs but only because the flight times suit me ,but after the last flight I will be changing to Emirates, I don't suppose this review will do any good but at least I got it off my chest

3  Thank Christine M
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.