“Horrendously uncomfortable”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 25 May 2022

How many extra seats can you get in qatar.
There was no room to move I had to sit side ways with my arms tucked in for 22 hrs and then the meals arrived how on earth are you supposed to eat 3 courses when you can hardly move your arms ,I know it's economy but it's not cheap and it is the backbone of your company
and brings in plenty money,maybe you could give enough room to sit comfortably and still leave room for trolley to go up and down aisle without hitting arms elbows on the way ,I fly qatar every year for passed 13 yrs but only because the flight times suit me ,but after the last flight I will be changing to Emirates, I don't suppose this review will do any good but at least I got it off my chest

3  Thank Christine M
Write a reviewReviews (32,539)

Reviewed 25 May 2022

This was my first time that I flew with Qatar Airways, from Montreal to Phuket with a connecting flight in Doha. I was flying in business class. Check in was fine but it took some time due to the extra requirements for the destination. The check in agent was nice a lovely lady who was professional and knew her job and gave personal touch by addressing with my last name. Boarding was made in order as much as possible despite a few impatient passengers who were directed to their right line. There was a lot of staff to direct the passenger for a efficient boarding. The aircraft to Doha was a Boeing 777-300 which feature the Q suites. The second leg from Doha to Phuket was Boeing 787-800 a small place which had the normal pod comparable to different airlines. The cabin crew on both flights were nice, friendly and polite. They were giving an excellent service. The meals were delicious and there was a wide selection of drinks of all kinds. The washrooms were spacious, shiny and clean. The Q suite is simply amazing with a lot of space and with privacy and is very comfortable. In flying entertainment was great too with a huge selection of movies offered in different languages. I enjoyed it every minute of the flight. Transiting in Doha airport is fine. You can spend your time by checking the duty free or see the lamp teddy bear or take a rest in quiet section of the airport. Overall Qatar Airways is known to exceed the travellers expectations. Despite difficult work conditions and different work culture compare to the occident the staff is great. There's no doubt why this airline is one of the best in the industry. It may not be the cheapest option to travel but this airline is better than other airlines mainly because of its product and its staff from check in to the cabin crew and from the transfer desk staff to the arrival agents.

Date of travel: April 2022
1  Thank bobgianna
Reviewed 24 May 2022

Recently flow Qatar Airways from London to Kuala Lumpur and back, with a short stop over in Doha. This review is mainly for the return, i.e. KUL to LHR part of the journey

The good
Crew were all pleasant and professional on all flights

I found the food to be good with good choice of non alcoholic and some alcoholic drinks

Additional pretzels were available, sadly no crisps

Seats were clean, and as expected

The Not so good
When the flights are very full, I think the toilets suffer and could perhaps do with a more regular clean.

The toilet bin would be better served with a foot pedal to open

The toilet door would be better if it was a simple push instead of turn and open

The provision of sanitising hand gel outside the toilet would be welcomed, so travellers can re clean their hands once they have closed the toilet door

Did not notice any paper toilet seat covers or toilet seat sanitisers– would be good to have these

The toilet lights did not always turn red in the cabin when in use

The perfume spray in the toilet did not help mask the smell – given that the flight was full. I asked one of the crew if they had any air fresheners or something, Was told that it was only what was in the toilet already, did not get the hint that perhaps more cleaning was necessary. Needless to say I had to go hunting for another toilet, as this one was really bad.

Touch Screen was a little bit “sticky” making it not as seamless

Boarding was slow and chaotic, ground staff were “calling / shouting” out row numbers instead of just using the PA systems in Kuala Lumpur

Check in in Kuala Lumpur was extremely slow perhaps more counters are needed

Not enough seating in Doha airport outside the gate – would be better if gates could be opened earlier so people can get seats

Ground staff in Doha and KL were ok – but not as professional as crew in general. They were not bad, but could do with some better communication and efficiency training

App is slow, does not update well when flight changes are made, making online checking in almost impossible. Also app does not send all details to to calendar automatically

Overall this is an ok airline and much of a muchness, it definitely does not live up to the hype. There is room from improvement so it can actually live up to the hype. To be worlds best airline, there needs to be slightly above levels of consideration to all classes of travel, cleanliness of toilets in long haul being key I would think.

2  Thank mppalmer
Reviewed 24 May 2022

Im writing to express my disappointment on the recent service I encountered on our Qatar - Dar Es Salaam flight. (That originated in London Heathrow)

The first leg of the flight from London Heathrow to Qatar was great, and everything I would expect of a Qatar airways flight, however I was dismayed to find that the plane was much smaller from the qatar to dar es Salam flight. This was not stipulated at the time of booking, had I known I would of looked to upgrade or fly with someone else.

Furthermore during that particular flight I had a very uncomfortable express when your air steward, namely Lukas, pushed my seat up unexpectedly during dinner service without warning and without ensuring that the seat in front of me put their seat upright too. As a result I couldn’t eat the rest of my meal as I felt bile rise up into my throat and I had to request an anti sickness tablet from the cabin crew manager.

The experience is a poor start to my honeymoon, even when I tried to upgrade on the flight I was told it was not an option even when they were empty seats available.

In addition to this I had a terrible experience, even noted with your cabin crew that the passengers behind us were constantly smashing the screen behind my head that resulted in such an uncomfortable flight, your cabin crew reminded them and witnessed on many occasions this happening and offered us to move which we didn’t feel as though we were the ones who should.

The leg room would of been uncomfortable for a child let alone an adult, my wife is 5.5 and she struggled, you can imagine standing at 6.1 how I felt, the numbness when standing was felt from being soo stiff.

This is not what I had expected and looking at it now I wish I paid that extra £100 each to change flight service to Singapore Airlines or someone similar, not one to write a review but this has to be shared to warn other passengers on flying.

2  Thank 999sharads
Reviewed 23 May 2022

excellent airline excellent service from start to finish .check inn opened early to avoid queing boarding was so smooth once on board even though i was only travelling in economy class i was treated so good on all four flights .

i will not ever fly with any other airline QUATAR AIRWAYS ALL THE WAY 5*

1  Thank F3197NEnigelb
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.