“The worst airline we’ve flown with”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 24 May 2022

Im writing to express my disappointment on the recent service I encountered on our Qatar - Dar Es Salaam flight. (That originated in London Heathrow)

The first leg of the flight from London Heathrow to Qatar was great, and everything I would expect of a Qatar airways flight, however I was dismayed to find that the plane was much smaller from the qatar to dar es Salam flight. This was not stipulated at the time of booking, had I known I would of looked to upgrade or fly with someone else.

Furthermore during that particular flight I had a very uncomfortable express when your air steward, namely Lukas, pushed my seat up unexpectedly during dinner service without warning and without ensuring that the seat in front of me put their seat upright too. As a result I couldn’t eat the rest of my meal as I felt bile rise up into my throat and I had to request an anti sickness tablet from the cabin crew manager.

The experience is a poor start to my honeymoon, even when I tried to upgrade on the flight I was told it was not an option even when they were empty seats available.

In addition to this I had a terrible experience, even noted with your cabin crew that the passengers behind us were constantly smashing the screen behind my head that resulted in such an uncomfortable flight, your cabin crew reminded them and witnessed on many occasions this happening and offered us to move which we didn’t feel as though we were the ones who should.

The leg room would of been uncomfortable for a child let alone an adult, my wife is 5.5 and she struggled, you can imagine standing at 6.1 how I felt, the numbness when standing was felt from being soo stiff.

This is not what I had expected and looking at it now I wish I paid that extra £100 each to change flight service to Singapore Airlines or someone similar, not one to write a review but this has to be shared to warn other passengers on flying.

2  Thank 999sharads
Write a reviewReviews (33,038)

Reviewed 23 May 2022

excellent airline excellent service from start to finish .check inn opened early to avoid queing boarding was so smooth once on board even though i was only travelling in economy class i was treated so good on all four flights .

i will not ever fly with any other airline QUATAR AIRWAYS ALL THE WAY 5*

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank F3197NEnigelb
Reviewed 23 May 2022 via mobile

Awful on board experience. Cabin crew abrupt and rude to Economy passenges on all connecting flights. Food was awful on all connecting flights. Economy class section was dirty and could do with a deep steam clean. Toilets were disgusting.

3  Thank Larissa M
Reviewed 23 May 2022 via mobile

Cabin crew abrupt and rude to Economy passenges on all my Qatar connecting flights. Economy class section was filthy, food trays in front of the seats had food staines from previous flights. Seats were itchy and could do with a deep steam clean. Toilets were disgusting. The food on all connecting flights was absolutely awful. The actual experience is nothing like this airline advertise on social media and the television. Absolutely awful experience.

Date of travel: April 2022
2  Thank Larissa M
Reviewed 23 May 2022 via mobile

Used Qatar airways to fly from London Heathrow to Harare Zimbabwe (transit in DOHA ). On close inspection on board both the flight from London Heathrow to DOHA and the flight from DOHA to Harare, the air hostesses/stewards were a little abrupt and a little unpleasant to some passengers from my observations, treated economy passenges like cattle, and were generally not providing the high service that they advertise on the television or on social media. The food was awful on both flights and the food trays in front of the seats were filthy, mine still had food staines on them from previous flights. The toilets were always filthy and horrible. The cabin seats in economy were itchy to sit on and could do with a deep steam clean. I find it difficult to believe that Qatar airways has won awards as it is an absolutely awful airline, it needs to re- train it's staff and really improve on the service provided. It's a real shame that my experience was awful. It is also a disappointment to have witnessed the incompetence and rudeness of the cabin crew towards economy paying customers. The awful service was also the same on Qatar on my way back from Harare to London Heathrow on the 21st May 2022.

Date of travel: April 2022
1  Thank Larissa M
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.