“My flight was 30th April 2022 transit into DOHA then onto Harare ”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 23 May 2022 via mobile

Used Qatar airways to fly from London Heathrow to Harare Zimbabwe (transit in DOHA ). On close inspection on board both the flight from London Heathrow to DOHA and the flight from DOHA to Harare, the air hostesses/stewards were a little abrupt and a little unpleasant to some passengers from my observations, treated economy passenges like cattle, and were generally not providing the high service that they advertise on the television or on social media. The food was awful on both flights and the food trays in front of the seats were filthy, mine still had food staines on them from previous flights. The toilets were always filthy and horrible. The cabin seats in economy were itchy to sit on and could do with a deep steam clean. I find it difficult to believe that Qatar airways has won awards as it is an absolutely awful airline, it needs to re- train it's staff and really improve on the service provided. It's a real shame that my experience was awful. It is also a disappointment to have witnessed the incompetence and rudeness of the cabin crew towards economy paying customers. The awful service was also the same on Qatar on my way back from Harare to London Heathrow on the 21st May 2022.

Date of travel: April 2022
1  Thank Larissa M
Write a reviewReviews (33,038)

Reviewed 23 May 2022

This was my first venture with Qatar. I have been flying with Emirates in the past. It was a very comfortable flight both ways. On the outgoing flight ie Nbo to CPH I upgraded to Business class and it was very pleasant and comfortable. The only negative thing was that at JKIA they did not let me access the lounge. The on board service is fine with acceptable food. It is very evident that on the leg from Doha to Nbo they use much older aircraft with none of the nice features of the newer ones. As an example the inflight entertainment is poor on the Nbo leg compared to good on the European leg.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 22 May 2022

No power outlet or usb to charge phones. No wifi. Staff is good, food standard. Transfer in Doha was quick and easy with the staff being very helpful with the transfer.

Reviewed 22 May 2022

I’m so frustrated right now, I’m writing a review while waiting for another agent. I have never in my life experienced this level of incompetence out of a customer care team. The agents are not empowered to help the customer at all. They’re not empowered or they simply won’t, I’m not sure which is more accurate. First, we purchased lounge access on their app, that’s super slow by the way, the app didn’t seem to register the purchase as there was no confirmation but the charge did hit our banking account. So I call to make sure that everything went through fine, which it hadn’t. The representative could see that they debited our card but didn’t see confirmation of the lounge. That’s fine, seems like an easy fix…. Wrong. He wanted to charge us again to make the $600 purchase on his side and refund the money from the first purchase, which would take 30 days. No Sir, wrong solution…that creates an inconvenience for me, please find another. After an exhausting and irritating conversation he finally reached out to the lounge to have them create a reservation on their side. Seems insane for a representative to not be able to fix that themselves but whatever, as long as it gets done and you’re not trying to inconvenience me further.

Fast forward to the second situation that I’m dealing with now, I purchased preferred seats when I booked the flight. The app offered me an upgrade to business for an increased fee so I decided to do that. Naturally, now that I won’t be in the preferred economy seats because I’m in business class, I called to have a refund issued for the preferred seats I won’t be using. The representative told me “no” and if I wanted to complain I could do it online. Yes, that’s what he said. Clearly he’s crazy because that’s not how you talk to a customer at all, and not issuing a refund is an asinine, unacceptable answer anyway so I called a different representative. After that person said the same thing in a slightly more respectful way she hung up in my face when I asked to speak to a manager. So now I’m steaming calling back trying to reach someone with sense. After 3 failed attempts at competent service, I’m not hopeful that this call will go any different. I’ll never take this airline again unless it’s the ONLY one going to the location that I’m headed to…and even then, I’d likely just reconsider going to that location over doing business with this airline.

1  Thank Frstlady
Reviewed 22 May 2022

Being a student, flying Qatar Airways has been an absolute pleasure when it comes to discounts and extra baggage allowances. The inflight experience has been delightful to say the least and would highly recommend it to the student community.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.