“Not really a 5 star”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 13 December 2020

I must say i was dissapointed with the service of Qatar Airways. It was ok, but surely not a 5 star service. The flight attendants spoke poor english (???), they offered me food that was not available on 3 legs of the journey (???), broke my suitcase twice (???). I would fly again but with the good price offer.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
3  Thank anasB8922WY
Write a reviewReviews (31,109)

Reviewed 13 December 2020

My journey with qatar was outstanding. From.manchester to lahore via doha.

Service was 10/10
IFE 10/10
Cabin crew 10/10
Food was 7/10 could do with improvement
Overall trip was a pleasent
Experience and would use again

1  Thank Y1479XDimrana

Qatar Airways

URGENT RESPONSE REQUIRED-

Passenger name- Surma Begum E-TICKET- 157-3836404335 Flight- QR641/QR015

Flight time and date: 09th December 15:05

To whom this may concern,

I write with honest disgust at the service I have received from your customer service team at Heathrow terminal 5, zone A. Initially I shall advise the reason for my travel is to visit a dying grandmother in Sylhet, Bangladesh an already traumatic experience without the need for the additional aggravation caused by your personnel. Her name is Vivienne Deak, the manager for that shift.

Travelling with my brother (Samun Miah), we arrived at the terminal 2 hours prior to our flight as advised. We had digitally checked in to our flight to ensure efficiency for your airline, yet there were no staff initially to help any of the flight customers. I among others waited 2 hours for your team to begin helping, we were advised to present our Covid-19 test information, of which we presented. Mine was accepted yet that of my brothers wasn’t as it was a printed copy (screenshot) and not the original text message. There was chaos, bearing in mind we were still waiting for our baggage to be checked in for 2 hours. By the time we got to the desk to check in it was past 3 bearing in mind the flight was supposed to leave at 03:05pm. There were others waiting behind us.

They did not allow my brother, but Vivienne told me to wait for a few minutes as she is going with a customer and she will be back. I thought I was flying that afternoon. Instead, she left us waiting around and sent her colleague his name as Bilal. I want to add he was very helpful along with Farzaana at the check in desk. We were frantically looking for Vivienne so I could check in and board the flight. She sent Bilal over to tell us to book another flight and closed the gates. I was very distressed and started breaking down and crying as it's unbelievable that she will close the gates when she told me she is coming back as she is dealing with another customer. I could fly that afternoon, yet I could not because she was not bothered to come back. Both Farzaana and Bilal have witnessed the stress I was in. Bilal did not charge extra fees because he witnessed the mistake of his manager and apologized plus advising I take this further.

On top of that I have lost out on money on hotels I have booked in Doha and Dhaka for the transit and they both have been charged and I have missed it. I would have been in Bangladesh by now spending precious time with my very ill dying grandmother. That was the last flight of the day. We were booked in for the next day. I had to travel all the way back to the midlands as due to COVID-19 there are restrictions and last-minute hotel bookings are not always available. I arranged childcare and left my 2 small children, 3 and 5, with their father who works full time and arranged some childcare for both my children with their grandmother for the duration of the 2 weeks, I would like to stress this was a last-minute decision to fly over there to see my dying grandmother not for a holiday. Even though Viviane knew all this she has treated me with disrespect. Her communication skills were very poor, I would like to add that her English was hard to understand. There were stressed customers all over. Zone A was in shambles. I am completing my dissertation and my final year of a degree in Tourism and Hospitality specifically Management degree, so I know a lot about the aviation industry and how it works and what good customer service looks like. This was my first time using your Airline and I have been left in a state of shock and disappointment, my family back home are very upset.

After speaking with your customer service team over the phone I have been advised to email yourself to find an amicable resolution. Initially I would advise that I wish to travel this Saturday 12th December. The flight I would like would ideally have a short stay at Doha before travelling on to Dhaka (landing in Dhaka prior to local time 12.00pm so that I can achieve an internal flight to Sylhet on the same day). I would request that, as standard, I should not have to pay for this flight amendment as I would have already been in Sylhet at this point if not for the dishonesty of your management.

Surma Begum

10.12.2020

P.s. this email was sent on 10th no reply as of yet but they have time to spam my emails with adverts! They take your money and forget about you! I have been trying constantly on the phone since Wednesday only to be told we cannot help you there's no manager on shift everytime! How is that even possible? I have a very poorly grandmother back home. I am so disgusted at their service my first time using Qatar and definitely my last! I have never ever had to write a review or have ever been through such trouble with other airlines. Next time I will stick with Emirates. Thankyou Qatar for taking my money having shambles of a customer service team and so called manager at LHR zone A.

3  Thank Surma N
Reviewed 13 December 2020

Had a good flight to destination
The return flight was Cancelled.
I requested a return flight when the Covid situation has subsided.
I have received an email acknowledgement to this request from Qatar airways who currently are refusing to uphold.
There afterwards trying to book return flight has been a nightmare.
Several phone calls trying to resolve this, just being told they've issued a voucher, not requested by myself.
Very disappointed with the handling of there mistake issuing voucher still awaiting a resolution to this.

Date of travel: March 2020
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
3  Thank Nickw220993
Reviewed 13 December 2020

I have flown before with Qatar and always enjoyed my flight. However, post coronavirus, things have dramatically changed. I had every piece of paperwork filled out. As an EU resident, I was fully within my rights to go to Spain as is mentioned on every website I found. Furthermore, I had a formal invitation from an environmental organisation to come as an environmental specialist.

So, I go to my flight 3 hours beforehand, negative PCR test and all required documents in hand. I was pulled aside and told that the Spanish authorities did not approve my documents and they would not permit me to board the flight. I asked them if they had sent all the documents, and they said they still needed one (that I had sent hours ago). I showed them again and they told me to wait. Then finally, 20 minutes before boarding, they inform me that my entry has been rejected and I would not be permitted to board the flight. I asked if I could at least change my connecting flight after Doha. I was told that because I was not permitted in Qatar, despite the fact that everyone knows that a connection is not entering the country. And because I was rejected, I would not be reimbursed for the flight. Keep in mind, i have never spoken directly to any of these said “authorities” and even had my approved Spanish entry QR code already printed, which they had.

So, they said my only option was to call the 24-hour customer assistance in Qatar to change my flight within 20 minutes as it must be done before the flight boards or I lose the ticket. This was all at 2 o’clock in the morning. I did call. I was on hold for 27 minutes before I told another member of the personal that it’s not working and asked if they had direct access. I was pushed aside and dismissed and treated like a non-human until the flight was boarding and they just shrugged their shoulders and said “too late.”

The way I was treated was so horrible and so dismissive, I would never fly with them again nor would I recommend this airline to anyone, even during the pandemic.

3  Thank DauphineMarie
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.