“Qatar not what it used to be”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 10 December 2020

A year ago I would have raved about how good Qatar airlines was. Customer service was like no other. But now that they are out-sourcing calls to India customer care is no existent. I have had nothing but frustration from them...I will tell you my last experience. They changed my last flight 5 times. I understand with Covid this is something that may happen. I have been patient about it. The first time they changed it they messed up my reservation so I had 4 flights instead of two. No one would listen to me to fix it. The last time they changed it my seats were removed. After countless hours of frustrating calls to Indian representatives who did not understand me or me them I was told I have to now pay money for the seats I originally had on my itinerary!! I even wrote to Qatar privilege card people and was pretty much told "sorry, new rules are you pay for every seat"! How can they take my seats away and then tell me to pay for them? I did not change my ticket they did!

Date of travel: October 2020
2  Thank 272dawnf
Write a reviewReviews (31,109)

Reviewed 9 December 2020

one of the worst customer service departments I have ever encountered.

I was mislead by the customer service agents to upgrade my booking online through an offer link that was sent to me while confirming that once its done , i can then call back to reserve my bassinet seat since i have a 1 month old infant.After paying a non refundable fee , i called to be told that my daughter was not upgraded on the link they sent and that she cannot be upgraded. Is this even reasonable ? me without my infant lol.

To make things worse, i contacted them more than 13 times to be transferred to different agents and different countries every time and having to explain myself every single time. The agents were not helpful, rude and not solution oriented . Although the problem was a miscommunication from their part.

I lost the full upgrade amount because 2 terrible agents miscommunicated the information with me and 11 others who could not find me a solution.

The only reason i travel with Qatar airways was to get a decent customer service WHICH IS NOT THE CASE. I usually do not give reviews but because i was treated horribly i believe everyone should be aware of their bad after sale customer service.

3  Thank 837ayaj
Reviewed 9 December 2020 via mobile

Still the best airline in dealing with COVID-19 situation, never lost its signature brand of service despite some adjustments and restrictions. Crews are polite and approachable. The flight is on time. I have requested special meals that they provided during the flight. Got also complimentary stay at lounges.

1  Thank magpiles
Reviewed 8 December 2020

I had to return a business class ticket from Baltimore to Sydney due to COVID border restiriciotns. It was as easy as a 10 minute phone call. Thank you. I will book with Qatar again.

2  Thank Musiclovinpondhopper
Reviewed 8 December 2020

They don't have flight from PDX , which is international airport. but they sell other airline domestic flight in their website to make up for it. They made mistake in their website my last name by one letter, they don't correct it , because they say other airline involves. I have already called other airline and they corrected it, but Qatar airways doesn't , even they said it clearly in the website in their rules. they want me to cancel the flight, pay $350.00 cancellation fee and re-book another flight. this is just robbery for the mistake that they made in the first place. they just try to make up the lack of full flight with rob people.
Do not fly with this airline.
they don't know how to treat international customers. Also they try to charge you for choose the sit. they are just so thief.

3  Thank ShiTraveler2354
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.