“Not up to Qatar's usual standard”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 24 December 2018

The flight was completely ok, my only disappointment was that it was not up to Qatar's very high standards. The aircraft was clean but a bit old Boeing 777-300ER, not new A380 which I flew last year when we visited Australia. I was a bit disappointed over the service level too. I was sleeping a couple of hours, but during the time I was awake I did not see flight attendants go around with something to drink a single time - something they normally do even at shorter lights. My husband has a gold card at Qatar's program, and flight attendants normally pass him and ask if something is needed - but not on this flight. But the food was good and plenty, the flight was in time (which is most important). Even at Economy Qatar has more legroom than other carriers.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (32,748)

Reviewed 24 December 2018

I flew from Adelaide to Paris & returned with the same airline some 12 days later. The economy class as with all airlines is tough on long-haul flights, but this experience was made bearable by the excellent Cabin crew service on all four of my long flights. The particular flight I quoted was my the Dohar to Adelaide flight, (13.5 hours). I cannot fault the cabin crew service. I discovered one of the flight attendants was reasonably new to the job, however, she was friendly & extremely pleasant, One wouldn't have known this person was new to the job. She took the time to return with drinks etc when the service trolley ran out of whatever I requested. There was always a warm friendly smile & a willingness have a brief chat, (This I find has almost disappeared from airline service). 13 hours is a long time when traveling on one's own, so a brief conversation goes a long way. She did this despite having to deal with 2 families with young children who were a handful. Hats off to Qatar training of its cabin crew & thank you to that particular flight attendant on my return flight, (Shirlee, I think).

1  Thank jhb2015k8
Reviewed 24 December 2018

I flew from Chicago to Mumbai with a layover in Doha through Qatar airways and stayed in business class. I don't know that I can ever go back to coach when flying internationally again. The staff was extremely attentive, friendly, and helpful. The food was very good (for airline food), and the business class pods were extremely comfortable. The movie selection and screen was very good, and it made flying a pleasure.

The seats go pure horizontal in business class so that you can sleep easily and they gave you comfortable blankets and two pillows to use. The seats are padded reasonably well, so while not quite as comfy as a bed, they are still very comfortable overall.

Reviewed 24 December 2018 via mobile

Worst flight experience of my life and we’re not even off the ground. Check in gate was open 20 mins late for no apparent reason, staff spent the 20 mins talking.

Boarding was the worst possible experience I have ever had. Briefed people with absolutely no rhyme or reason. Was a completed nightmare.

Ground staff = rude.

Cabin staff = lovely.

Then, our flight was delayed 2 hours (with a 2 hour stop over, so GREAT!!!!! looking forward to missing my next flight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) probs can look forward to a lost bag as well.

Delay was because they are incapable of scanning bags correctly and had to off load and reload checked baggage.

Paid for Al Maha service in Doha and I am sure I will regret that as well!

Was excited to try Qatar as everyone raves about it but ended up be a trip ruining flight!

The absolute WORST !!!!

1  Thank Rachel B
Reviewed 24 December 2018

Relaxed flight from Bangkok via Doha to Helsinki. First leg Airbus A-380 and second leg A-330. Two-hour stop in Doha. The terminal is new. Signs are good. The departure gate was easily found.
A-380 is a nice plane. Good legroom. The entertainment system is great.
A-330 is a problem. Underneath of some aisle seats is a metal box. The legroom behind is very narrow. Be carefull when choosing the seat.
Qatar offers good food and drinks are free. Service is good. Nice flights according to the schedule.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.