“Worst Experience from start to finish”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 24 December 2018 via mobile

Worst flight experience of my life and we’re not even off the ground. Check in gate was open 20 mins late for no apparent reason, staff spent the 20 mins talking.

Boarding was the worst possible experience I have ever had. Briefed people with absolutely no rhyme or reason. Was a completed nightmare.

Ground staff = rude.

Cabin staff = lovely.

Then, our flight was delayed 2 hours (with a 2 hour stop over, so GREAT!!!!! looking forward to missing my next flight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) probs can look forward to a lost bag as well.

Delay was because they are incapable of scanning bags correctly and had to off load and reload checked baggage.

Paid for Al Maha service in Doha and I am sure I will regret that as well!

Was excited to try Qatar as everyone raves about it but ended up be a trip ruining flight!

The absolute WORST !!!!

1  Thank Rachel B
Write a reviewReviews (32,748)

Reviewed 24 December 2018

Relaxed flight from Bangkok via Doha to Helsinki. First leg Airbus A-380 and second leg A-330. Two-hour stop in Doha. The terminal is new. Signs are good. The departure gate was easily found.
A-380 is a nice plane. Good legroom. The entertainment system is great.
A-330 is a problem. Underneath of some aisle seats is a metal box. The legroom behind is very narrow. Be carefull when choosing the seat.
Qatar offers good food and drinks are free. Service is good. Nice flights according to the schedule.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 23 December 2018 via mobile

A 1st class service all round. Nothing was too much trouble. Flight staff were attentive and courteous throughout the journey to Doha and then onward to Phuket. Would recommend highly.

Reviewed 23 December 2018

Every other major international airline I have traveled with has automatically credited my mileage points to my account without needing any reminders from me.

Not Qatar.

They refused to credit the points I earned on my undiscounted full fare Business Class round trip to the US on the pathetic excuse that I was reminding them of the missing miles beyond their 180 day claim period.

Date of travel: April 2018
Reviewed 23 December 2018

Being a Brit I used to put up with the unreliability and discomfort from the narrow seats on British Airways. Then, one day a few years back, I booked myself on Qatar Airways and the rest is history.

You cannot compare the likes of BA and many other airlines to the comfort and service you get from Qatar Airways......and I am talking about economy travel here. The seat is comfortable, the entertainment fantastic, there is on board wifi, food is great and the staff at both ends of everywhere you go are just amazing.

So, I thoroughly recommend Qatar Airways but don't just take my word for it, try it yourself but be warned, they codeshare with BA and you might, like I recently did, make the mistake of having one of the legs of your journey on one of BA's new 787 "Cattle Trucks"........sure as hell cant call it a Dreamliner!!!!

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.