“Cheapskate airline rips off loyalty points”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 23 December 2018

Every other major international airline I have traveled with has automatically credited my mileage points to my account without needing any reminders from me.

Not Qatar.

They refused to credit the points I earned on my undiscounted full fare Business Class round trip to the US on the pathetic excuse that I was reminding them of the missing miles beyond their 180 day claim period.

Date of travel: April 2018
    • Customer service
Write a reviewReviews (32,782)

Reviewed 23 December 2018

Being a Brit I used to put up with the unreliability and discomfort from the narrow seats on British Airways. Then, one day a few years back, I booked myself on Qatar Airways and the rest is history.

You cannot compare the likes of BA and many other airlines to the comfort and service you get from Qatar Airways......and I am talking about economy travel here. The seat is comfortable, the entertainment fantastic, there is on board wifi, food is great and the staff at both ends of everywhere you go are just amazing.

So, I thoroughly recommend Qatar Airways but don't just take my word for it, try it yourself but be warned, they codeshare with BA and you might, like I recently did, make the mistake of having one of the legs of your journey on one of BA's new 787 "Cattle Trucks"........sure as hell cant call it a Dreamliner!!!!

Reviewed 23 December 2018 via mobile

Simply the best airline I have ever flown with and I have flown with great deal over the years.The staff were superb as was the food which was a pleasant surprise to say the least

Reviewed 23 December 2018

Great service on this airline. Comfortable seating and the stewards/stewardesses work hard to make sure that you have a comfortable flight.

Reviewed 23 December 2018

We were catching this flight after connecting from Sydney. We enjoyed the massive Qatar Business Lounge. It is absolutely stunning and provides an excellent range of food and drink. Qantas could learn a great deal from this. Anyway, we boarded the B777 and settled into our Q Suites. These seats allow the passengers to have their own little world by having closing doors to their suites. This was truly amazing. As usual there were cabinets for all the items necessary for a flight. The screen was very big and could be operated by touch as well as the remote. The quality of the food was very good and the quality of the drinks was outstanding. Flights with Q Suites provide passengers with the addition of a tasting plate, which we thought was a great idea. As usual, all meals were ‘on demand’ and we could eat what we wanted when we wanted it. As usual,the bathrooms were kept very clean. The staff were outstanding and prepared to provide whatever one needs. As usual, the amenities kit contained many useful items. Overall, a fabulous experience. No wonder Qatar has been ranked the Number One business class airline in the world in recent years.

Date of travel: November 2018
1  Thank ShaneM572
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.