“Qatar Airways ”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 23 December 2018 via mobile

Simply the best airline I have ever flown with and I have flown with great deal over the years.The staff were superb as was the food which was a pleasant surprise to say the least

Date of travel: December 2018
    • Value for money
Write a reviewReviews (32,539)

Reviewed 23 December 2018

Great service on this airline. Comfortable seating and the stewards/stewardesses work hard to make sure that you have a comfortable flight.

Date of travel: December 2018
Reviewed 23 December 2018

We were catching this flight after connecting from Sydney. We enjoyed the massive Qatar Business Lounge. It is absolutely stunning and provides an excellent range of food and drink. Qantas could learn a great deal from this. Anyway, we boarded the B777 and settled into our Q Suites. These seats allow the passengers to have their own little world by having closing doors to their suites. This was truly amazing. As usual there were cabinets for all the items necessary for a flight. The screen was very big and could be operated by touch as well as the remote. The quality of the food was very good and the quality of the drinks was outstanding. Flights with Q Suites provide passengers with the addition of a tasting plate, which we thought was a great idea. As usual, all meals were ‘on demand’ and we could eat what we wanted when we wanted it. As usual,the bathrooms were kept very clean. The staff were outstanding and prepared to provide whatever one needs. As usual, the amenities kit contained many useful items. Overall, a fabulous experience. No wonder Qatar has been ranked the Number One business class airline in the world in recent years.

Date of travel: November 2018
1  Thank ShaneM572
Reviewed 23 December 2018

A great flight from start to finish. The only downside was having to use the Qantas Business Lounge at Sydney Airport. It is below standard in nearly every respect. Qatar check in was a breeze and priority cards took us quickly through immigration. The seats on the upper deck of the A380 were very comfortable and there were compartments for all the bits and pieces one requires on a flight. The screen was large and could be operated by touch as well as the remote. The food was very good for airplane food. The choice of drinks was amazing. Sleeping was easy as the staff made the bed after they had changed it from a seat. PJs were provided and most of the cabin were wearing them. The staff were the very best. Meals are provided ‘on demand’ which means that you can eat what you want when you want. The amenities kit was very good with a range of useful products. The bathrooms were kept spotless throughout the flight. The lounge area is a plus for such a long flight and allows passengers to be pampered by a very upmarket bar service. We cannot recommend Qatar highly enough.

Date of travel: November 2018
1  Thank ShaneM572
Reviewed 23 December 2018

Okay....first time flying with Qatar I was fairly excited as I had read a number of positive reviews!! Check-in was great nice and easy with friendly staff....I was informed of a 2-3 hour delay to my flight however was assured that at the connection (Doha) there would be staff to meet us and we would make the connection?? We eventually took off just under 3 hours late (not a problem I thought as the nice lady said I would be okay)? I was not disappointed with the seats, staff and in-light entertainment - good leg room nice seat width and recliner was very comfortable. The service on-board was very good - I was a little nervous on approaching Doha as no information was given despite asking several times!!

The arrival at Doha is when things started to go wrong....no-one there and the information boards are difficult to read on a scrolling basis with many to run through? I couldn't be further from my connection gate and had to run.....I arrived at the gate 16 minutes before departure and was told I could not board - I tried to explain that it was not my fault and the delay to my flight had caused this!!! Not interested go to customer service!! I found my way to the customer service desk and was told that I would be on the next flight (8 hours wait) hotel? "NO" as it would not be worth it as by the time we get you there it would be nearly time to come back so you would have 2 hours there!! Lounge? "NO" its busy.....so just wait around? That is best but we can give you food vouchers? Not ready to eat in the early hours of the morning. I did eventually get into the lounge for a quick snooze and a drink.....the connecting flight again was very good with friendly staff. I guess in summary Qatar Airways are very good if you have no issues.....I felt customer service to date has been poor - I am awaiting their feedback by email?

Date of travel: August 2018
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.