“Flying with Qatar Airways”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 23 December 2018

Okay....first time flying with Qatar I was fairly excited as I had read a number of positive reviews!! Check-in was great nice and easy with friendly staff....I was informed of a 2-3 hour delay to my flight however was assured that at the connection (Doha) there would be staff to meet us and we would make the connection?? We eventually took off just under 3 hours late (not a problem I thought as the nice lady said I would be okay)? I was not disappointed with the seats, staff and in-light entertainment - good leg room nice seat width and recliner was very comfortable. The service on-board was very good - I was a little nervous on approaching Doha as no information was given despite asking several times!!

The arrival at Doha is when things started to go wrong....no-one there and the information boards are difficult to read on a scrolling basis with many to run through? I couldn't be further from my connection gate and had to run.....I arrived at the gate 16 minutes before departure and was told I could not board - I tried to explain that it was not my fault and the delay to my flight had caused this!!! Not interested go to customer service!! I found my way to the customer service desk and was told that I would be on the next flight (8 hours wait) hotel? "NO" as it would not be worth it as by the time we get you there it would be nearly time to come back so you would have 2 hours there!! Lounge? "NO" its busy.....so just wait around? That is best but we can give you food vouchers? Not ready to eat in the early hours of the morning. I did eventually get into the lounge for a quick snooze and a drink.....the connecting flight again was very good with friendly staff. I guess in summary Qatar Airways are very good if you have no issues.....I felt customer service to date has been poor - I am awaiting their feedback by email?

Date of travel: August 2018
Write a reviewReviews (32,758)

Reviewed 23 December 2018

I appreciate much the staffs in Zurich Airport during my baggage check in. They were just so accommodating and was never intimidating when they told me that I had to re-pack because of over baggage. It was swift. There's enough space in the seat where you can move freely. Food is also great. But, the in-flight entertainment is limited. Maybe they need to put in more diversified genres in the music field. However, overall was good though.

2  Thank Hilda S
Reviewed 23 December 2018

The first hot meal was sent back 3 times due to being Luke warm it then came back looking like mush but at least it was hot, drinks on the first leg could have been more frequent. The 2nd leg from Doha to Zanzibar was much more enjoyable and far better service

Reviewed 23 December 2018

Although price for the flight is higher in this part of the year, service was not in the level with ticket price. Could be that Qatar Airways have affected impact due economy blockage from neighbor countries. First they replaced Coca Cola with Pepsi and now you even cannot get one piece bread on the flight. Selection of breakfast was Scrambled eggs with chicken sausage and it was not eatable. It looked like frozen and unfrozen and heated up. Eggs had no body, no consistency it looked like melted ice cream. No taste and no nice visual look. Second choice were some Square donates Over sweet in some kind of Vanilla pudding. Ahhh Worst flight ever. Anyhow Flight attendance was polite and nice as always.

Reviewed 23 December 2018

Firstly, the attendants were all very helpful and friendly. The seats felt more spacious than normal and the food was by far the best I've had on an airline before. The attendants were always available and offered water or juice throughout the night. I found on some other airlines, you had to get up out of your seat to get a drink.
Hope to fly with Qatar again soon!

Date of travel: May 2018
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.