“Happily Fly with them Again”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everything was perfect. No delays, excellent in flight service.
Food was average. Doha is exceptionally clean and modern. Loved the mono rail.
Will however not do a sleep over in Doha due to Islamic "rules" about having a girl friend and not being married - thus you have to book two separate rooms...…….. do not take the chance, they are just waiting to arrest you.

But flying Qatar - a breeze!!!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (19,689)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Travelling business class we expected our nine hour transit in Doha to be smooth and well-organised. Oh dear what a stressful letdown. We were booked into the Oryx hotel and having seen one airside on the way up we assumed that was our destination. But no, we were faced with a 40 minute queque to pick up our voucher, then another 40 minutes plus to get through Qatari immigration at 1 o'clock in the morning then a 20 minute drive to the other Oryx hotel. So after considering that although we held boarding passes and our luggage was airside we would have two get back two hours before departure to go back through immigration. The net result was the prospect of three hours sleep out of a nine hour transit. When we reported what had happened on our return to Canberra, both the travel agent, the airline and the airport blamed everybody else, none accepted responsibility.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I like to choose our seats - my husband prefers extra leg room however flying on the 380 providing he had an aisle seat the leg room was ok. However on arrival at check in our seats had been changed, to the rear of the plane. It was explained that the front cabins of economy was closed something to do with weight and equalling during takeoff.
Funnily the same thing happened in return flight from London to Doha. Again I was not impressed. Both times I found ground staff less than interested. I found the crew very pleasant, attentive and friendly - food good. They offered upgrade via email before leaving London for $2000 per person, only to Doha (short leg of trip only) not a good offer. My biggest complaint was the seating change without explanation - no wonder 5hey don’t charge for seat choice.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I have travelled with Qatar several times and there has not been a single instance where my chosen seats are the ones we end up with. Worse still my 5 year old has ended up being allocated on a seat on her own away from the rest of the family who are equally scattered - 4 people spread over 3 rows! Why allow seat selection at the time of booking if you cannot sustain that selection, Qatar Airways? Poor quality booking and check in experience. Might as well not bother taking the time to choose your seats. Would really like to know the algorithm that works out a 5 year old child seated on her own away from her parents is safe for the child / passengers around her.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This holiday was over a year in the planning, we picked Qatar Airways because of its customer service, our flight from Birmingham to Doha when without a hitch, with the exception on the child kicking the back of the chair most of the flight.

From Doha to Australia started off ok the plane settled down for some sleep, shutters down and the cabin dimmed, I had an aisle seat and finally managed to fall asleep, I was abruptly woken when the air steward ran a trolly in to my knee but to my amazement just continued on after repositioning the troll it was the second air steward who got the brunt on my disbelief and annoyance as this was vey painful. He apologised asked me if I wanted water ??? The air steward who hit did not apologise or enquire about my health.

Later I apologised to him for being rude, but no further enquiry after my well being at any time.

Taking medication for five days to easy the pain but limited my walking as this aggravated the knee injury.

I reached out to the Qatar Airways customer service to express my concern and share my experience, the reply was surprisingly quick but guess it was a standard reply. After a couple of e mails the final reply was “we have passed on your concerns “ suggesting the mattress closed.

I followed up to see if there was any feedback about my concern and incident, and requested a copy of the incident report that should have been logged.
My reply was very abrupt and inaccurate, in so much as to say yes it was logged that my toe was injured they offered medical assistance that I refused, and I said I was ok.

Since challenging this statement in all points

1 it was my knee not toe
2 No apology
3 No offer of medical assistance
4 And during my apology explained my outburst was due to abruptly woken was a trolley being run in to my knee

I have heard nothing back as if it’s ok to have a conflict in incident and from Qatar Airways is concerned it’s closed from what I can see. Appalling and disgusting

This e mail admits and incident but how inaccurate can you be

No care in a sleepless dim cabin no duty of care or care or well being, the fact they recorded a toe not knee injury says everything to me

My whole trip has been ruined affecting me physically because of my knee and mentally due to stress not being able to partake in activities for circa 5 days, and from the responses from Qatar Customer service or not

• Value for money