“Good flight shame about the meal!”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 13 October 2019 via mobile

Was booked onto the 11.45am flight from Melbourne to Auckland. Check in very laid back. Having had my hand luggage weighed by Jet star that morning and checked into the hold I expected that again but no I took it onto the aircraft. The seats were comfortable with your own iPad to view films etc on. Meal time for me was a disaster! I don’t eat meat so ordered a vegetarian meal. What arrived was a vegan meal which I didn’t realise until I started to eat it. I spoke to the stewardess giving out the main meals but was told I would have to wait until everyone else had been served before she could give me another meal. My husband had the vegetarian option which was ravioli which tasted great. The meals that were left at the end of service were beef which I don’t eat so apart from the rice crackers that were offered to me which I declined all I had was bread and a mouthful of my husbands meal.
How can anyone possibly confuse vegetarian and vegan? It would have caused even more problems maybe if I’d said pescatarian which I am!!
What was a good flight was spoilt for me by being served the wrong meal.

3  Thank easylacer
Write a reviewReviews (19,760)

Reviewed 13 October 2019 via mobile

Flying a red eye from Western Australia to Eastern Australia and offered a muffin and juice for breakfast. Lame food from Qantas and ‘Neil Perry’ @neilperry an Australian ‘chef’ for business class passengers claiming a ‘completely personalized dining experience.‘

3  Thank Traveller4170
Reviewed 13 October 2019

Despite being an anxious flyer, I was pleasantly surprised with the whole experience. The airbus was spacious and very comfortable. The hostesses were very attentive and eager to please. The menu was exceptional the best by far of all our travels.

Date of travel: September 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank SteveandSuze62
Reviewed 13 October 2019 via mobile

After arriving on the day of our flight to go see a dear friend after the untimely passing of her Daughter in our attempts to get to the airport to make our flight which was meant to be leaving Sydney at 10.25am boarding at 10.05am we hear a msg over P.A system informing passengers that the flight would be delayed due to a tech hitch to the plane . It would be fixed & then boarding will resume at around 40mins later . We waited & then hoped all would be good but then another P.A. Came informing us to now go to customer service desk all passengers to get new boarding passes. When I see a staff rep she then proceeded to inform me I would be booked on a late flight now off 19.50pm 7.50pm to the only restraining reaction I could give was shock & dismay in being given or told I would be put on that flight . I voiced my concerns or just sheer refusal to be even considered to be put on a flight that late . She then typed a few things on her screen & then proceeded to tell me I was now being booked on a flight at 16.25pm to which that was no help or comfort in our situation. I was then told the worst inconsiderate reasoning behind the outrageous fiasco me & my friend we’re going to now be just left in . Having our lives disrupted not even having a Airline bothered in any way shape or form other than to be told the only reason I was given the earlier time of 4.25pm instead of the later time is a passenger would have to be took off that flight to give to myself & my friend & the consultant then trying to shift any sign of guilty conscience on me for then stating this whole situation was as a result of the airline not being able to cover a flight that had been said would be leaving & then now wasn’t. I was told the passenger who would have had to be moved for me would then have to lose out & I should feel sympathy for them . I stated that passengers lives would be affected by the Actions of the Airline, not now having a consultant trying to make me feel guilty which is just plain disgusting and disrespectful. I further feel now that qantas discriminating against a passenger who regardless wether they travel regularly or not is told like I was that is another reason why I was & had my flight plans disrupted in a way that if i was a regular user of qantas I would be given priority, as I am not then I just get treated with a matter of fact attitude . Which I think stinks & is not at all acceptable in any way shape or form. SHAME ON YOU QANTAS. Freedom of Australia you are not ...

1  Thank Crazy_flash
Reviewed 12 October 2019

Staff couldn't do enough for us. They made us feel welcomed when boarding and disembarking. Meals provided was of a high standard. Wide selection of of on board movies etc to view. We only fly Qantas.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.