“PAL Flights always delayed”
Review of Philippine Airlines (PAL)

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I came into this through a search in google "PAL fligths always delayed'. And its true, i always like to fly pal because i am a frequent traveler in my company and i chose pal because of the miles.

However, many times it is always delayed specifically flgiths from outside philippines goign back ro manila and true there is compensation or upgrade or anything to make it up for us.

2  Thank Newton A
Write a ReviewReviews (3,010)

Reviewed 20 July 2018

Took a business class flight to Aukland so I was looking forward to a restful flight to New Zealand. I was very disappointed to find out we were going to take an old plane which had seats that didn't turn into beds. On our way back to Manila, I asked why that was so and I was told to rally more people to take the flights to NZ from Manila so that they can upgrade the planes...We also didn't have lounge access and was barred entry at the Cairns airport to the lounge. They said all other airlines are welcome but not the business class passengers of PAL.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
3  Thank MommyMaricel
Reviewed 20 July 2018

I enjoyed a very relaxing 12 hour flight. From the time I entered the plane and disembarked upon arrival in San Francisco, the staff greeted us with smiles.
They were all very friendly and accomodating, always looking after my needs.

1  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

I specifically wanted to make a review of flight PR 102 of July 6, 2018 on Business Class going to LAX because it differed significantly from our PR 105 flight going home to Manila from SFO, also on Business Class. On PR 102, we were pleasantly greeted and addressed by name by this pretty lady who was consistently warm and solicitous throughout the long-haul flight. She, in particular was very attentive and always apologetic when there was a slight indication of discomfort on our part. We also enjoyed the food on that flight.

The trip home was different in that the staff were delivering the bare minimum service expected, especially in Business Class. To be fair, they were also attentive, but the service quality of PR 102 was several notches higher. The food on PR 105 was also not as delicious.

I need to point out that the PAL lounge at the San Francisco airport is a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. It was old, the lighting was stark and the furniture were worn out and uncomfortable. The food choices were limited, the canapés looked dry and unappetizing..the food overall didn’t look delicious. I didn’t eat, while may husband opted to go for Lay’s potato chips. Very pathetic. I really hope they do something about it. It pales in comparison to the other lounges close by.

2  Thank NoemiD161
Reviewed 20 July 2018

Firstly, my husband wanted to try PAL because of the non-stop, night-time to morning flight MNL/AKL/MNL. I was okay with that. Thereon, I struggled to find something positive about the experience.

The Business Class Lounge was old and badly in need of a spruce-up (an understatement). Musty, dated. I couldn't wait to get of there.

The aircraft was ALSO old and the individual TV screens didn't work ("Jurassic," one flight stewardess called them), so we were issued iPads to watch our movies, etc. but alas, the on-board wi-fi didn't work at all so we ended up with NO IN-FLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT for the long flight! Bugger, right???!!!

The Business Class stewards and stewardesses lived up to the good service Philippine Airlines is known for, considering what they had to work with. The food & spirits were fine with me. My hubby wasn't that impressed.

On our flight back, I was happy that we had in-flight entertainment. I just felt pretty short-changed on the flight from MNL/AKL.

When we fly Business Class, especially for long-haul flights, I've always preferred flying some other airlines, for sure. Just humoured my hubby on this one.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)