“comfortable economy class but weird upgrade poicy”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked the flight through United. The trip to Munich was United economy plus which was much better than economy. I am only 5ft 1inch so I don't need leg room but the seat reclines more and it is not so cramped.

The flight back was on Lufthansa. The seats are much more comfortable and it seemed just as roomy as economy plus on United. The food and service were very good. The movie system was easy to use. My issue was with trying to get an assigned seat. I had to pay $55 to get an assigned economy seat. Upgrading to economy plus wasn't possible. Apparently there is a bidding system 23 hours in advance but I was never allowed to use it on my phone or computer. Maybe due to booking through United. Very confusing system. Neither United nor Lufthansa could help me.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (25,436)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was the worst Airline i have ever experienced. I fly extensively and have never flown Lufthansa before. Firstly, The leg room is a joke....zero leg room. I couldn't even cross my legs. the seats go back pretty far and if the person in front of you leans their chair back (and of course they will, its a 9 hour flight) the room is even less. The food was inedible!!!!!!!!!!!! they served this nasty chicken sandwich...well, it think it was chicken?? it was served hot and the meat was shredded and it smelled horrible. The worst part was the stewardess...So very rude to everyone. and everyone seats were all mixed up. they had everyone sitting in different seats that was stated on the ticket. we didn't leave for 45 minutes because of the seating arrangements. It was a f$%#^% nightmare

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Customer service was great..flight attendants were very attentive and superb!!..but the quality of the food provided was terrible...besides the smell that was disgusting.. you could choose between lasagne or chicken...and the rice with the chicken was terrible...the company should change the catering

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Unfortunately, most of the foreign airlines are much better to fly with than U.S. Airlines. Lufthansa is no exception. Hot meal, new movies, and free drinks. Both flights were on time and the seating was not too cramped (on a lot of U.S. Airlines, my knees are against the seat in front of me).

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was expecting my first flight with the Boeing 747-800 to bestunning but...

Poor in flight entertainment system contentwise and qualitywise in context with the poor food menu options really dropped below my most conservativeexpectation.

I will not even mention the poor internet quality and the lack of info on that
Next year i will fly with another airline¹

Date of travel: December 2017