“Excellent Airlines ”
Review of Korean Air

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

This was my first experience on Kirean Air. It was a great flight with excellent service. I was dreading a nearly 14 hour flight however Korean Air made it a breeze. Even in the economy section there was a good amount of leg room. The flight attendants were English speaking (a relief for me), very attentive and friendly. The food was excellent compared to most airlines. The "in air" entertainment was great. I would highly recommend them.

Date of travel: September 2018
1  Thank Nancy B
Write a ReviewReviews (3,753)

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

This review never got posted. Return PVG ICH. All I can say swim across, this airline sucks. Chose to fly different air line on return and my PA is looking for a job. Why on earth would you waste you money even if the company pays for it.

Date of travel: June 2018
1  Thank FlightAce001
Reviewed 22 September 2018

The flight attendants are THE BEST part of Korean Air! They're extremely friendly and attentive. Each of them could communicate in English with great proficiency, which is not as common in other East Asian airlines. The food was not great. It was very bland. However, you can ask for the Korean chilli paste to make it more edible. I wasn't too fussed about food as it wasn't a long-haul flight. I would definitely recommend to stuff yourself in a lounge or restaurant before you board a long-haul flight with Korean Air.

Date of travel: August 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Took an hour and a half before any drinks came out, when they did it was only soft drinks. I asked twice for a glass of wine, another 30 mins later I got one with the meal. Despite the tiny glasses it was obvious they didn’t want to do top ups. After 5 or 6 shots of wine they refused to serve me anymore. Apparently I looked drunk.

Terrible service, offensive, and last time I will fly KE.

Date of travel: September 2018
2  Thank Graham A
Reviewed 22 September 2018

I've also flown business class with United, China Air, and Lufthansa. I'd rate Korean Air above United and China Air (which was easily the worst of the 4). Only Lufthansa offered better cabin experience and menu. Movie selection was OK - not as 'rich' as with United but, unlike United, there were a few movies worth watching. Also unlike United, they also had some limited music offerings as part of the entertainment options (I really don't get it why United does not). One thing that slightly bothered me was the absence of space next to the seat to store small personal items - had to use the pocket in front of the seat. The lounge at Incheon was worse than the Lufthansa ones in Germany - United's Polaris is now the best. Lounges in Asia are generally poor. Service left nothing to complain about (United can be spotty and the Chinese airlines have certainly not mastered the concept yet). No problem flying with Korean Air again.

Date of travel: August 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)