“The gold standard for the commoner such as myself :-)”
Review of Korean Air

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I really enjoyed my flight. The crew was friendly and accommodating without seeming fake about it. The food was good and in a sufficient quantity. My biggest highlight is the leg room. I am only 64 inches tall and I have been on other flight where my knees touch the seat in front of me. On this flight, I had plenty of room even when the seat in front of me was reclined. This makes me feel that Korean Air cares about the comfort and health of their economy class passengers and not just their bottom line. I did not feel like I was getting an embolism in my legs as I have on other airlines. The seats were comfortable, the blankets were clean and smelled fresh, there was a water bottle at my seat upon boarding, there was a package with a toothbrush and toothpaste, and the bathrooms were serviced and cleaned regularly. I watched 3 recently released movies and played games as part of the in-flight entertainment. My only minor complaint would be that my meal tray had coffee stains from the previous traveler. Although everything else appeared to have been thoroughly cleaned such as (thing I notice that others may not) my seat belt buckle, the button for reclining, and my touch screen and remote control, I think the cleaning crew may have forgotten to unfold the tray. I will let that slide since everything else was top notch. Plus I always bring disinfecting wipes with me when I fly because I have seen unpleasant behavior from other passengers in the past so I always wipe everything down anyway. Overall, I was very satisfied with the flight and I would certainly choose this airline again.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (2,824)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We flew from Vancouver to Incheon then to Manila. We missed our connection in Incheon due to delay caused by snow, and Korean Air was very quick to arrange a hotel with meals and airport transfer at no charge. They clearly had a plan before we landed and it was very easy to navigate from the plane, through customs and to the shuttle service for an overnight in the hotel.

2 hot meals served on the trans-Pacific flight. We flew with our 9 year old daughter and the staff paid extra attention to her, giving kids headphones, activity package and stuffed animal. We did the same flight the year before and flew with Air Canada, and Korean Air was a far better experience.

Excellent service on all flights. When we boarded there was classical music playing, soon after takeoff we were served water and a warm towel before eating. Meals were serve with metal cutlery and a glass wine glass. Red or white wine with each meal and staff came around to refill wine with both meals. Tea and coffee served twice as well. The service we experienced is something that does not seem to exist with North American airlines anymore when flying economy. We will definitely use this airline again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I flew Korean Air in April 2018. I expected better and the FA's were fine, they didn't speak English very well in business class, or Tagalog at all. Seemed to be an only Korean staff. The plane was in poor condition, which is standard for flying in and out of the Philippines. Airlines save their best hard product for more successful destinations. The food was great and plentiful. I'm looking forward to using them again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Comfortable seats. Generally everything was clean and satisfactory.
Flight attendants were courteous and provided good service.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I used points to book a RT flight in Prestige (business) class from San Francisco to Vietnam. The private cubicles were comfortable, the food was great & the service excellent. I had twisted my ankle the day prior to this trip & the flight attendant brought me an ice pack & kept it refreshed. My only complaint was the short transfer times between flights in Seoul. My outgoing flight allowed for a connection of 1.25 hours but I didn’t count on having to deplane down a staircase onto a bus which required going through security again & then racing the length of the airport to barely make my flight to Hanoi. My return flight was worse. The plane left HCMC 30 minuets late causing me to miss my connection & resulting in an additional 4 hour wait in Seoul. The upside was a great bowl of bibimbap. Seoul airport is nice but I was anxious to get home. Do fly Korean Air but be certain you have enough time to make a connecting flight