“Steer Clear”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Steer clear. KLM flew us out to Vancouver and have summarily cancelled our flights home through, Anchorage, Seattle, Amsterdam to Manchester stranding us in Alaska with only alternative offered for us to book a flight home “at a future time.” Unacceptable!

1  Thank Stevie F
KLM_Royal_Dutch1, Social Media Representative at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I regret to read that your flight with us was cancelled. As cancellations are unavoidable at times due to a myriad of possible factors, these are never intentional as to cause you or any of our passengers any inconvenience. In any case, however, our primary consideration will always be your safety. I hope that despite all the nuances, you will still consider us for your future travels.

Write a reviewReviews (31,974)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

KLM misplaced my bag and refused to follow up and try and locate it. I flew May 30 it is now July 6 and all the response I get is they cannot call anyone at the airport on the ground to ask about my bag all they can do is wait for a reply to an email sent on June 2. How is that fair??

Date of travel: June 2022

I regret reading about this unfortunate situation. Delays may sometimes be unavoidable, but we work around the clock to trace them and return them to passengers when they occur. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience. I kindly advise you to contact my colleagues via any of our Social Media channels (Messenger, WhatsApp, Twitter, or WeChat) for further information and assistance regarding your delayed baggage. I hope this experience won't dissuade you from using our services again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have travelled with KLM numerous times and this is my go to airline, was a little disappointed when they started to charge extra for luggage on long haul as this used to be part of package. However this niggle aside the service and staff have always been excellent, mega friendly and things you have to pay for with other providers are included in the price which is still normally less cost than other providers.

I have a number of the blue houses over the years flying with KLM which are a lovely little keepsake and would be good it these could also be made available for standard class travellers as an option to purchase as I have only received them when flying business class and as the flying blue are are not as great as they used to be and expiry periods it has impacted the upgrade option.

Overall still the best service and flights out there.

Date of travel: August 2021
KLM_Royal_Dutch, Social Media Agent at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We hope to welcome you aboard again in the future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I flew with KLM and the conneciton flight was delayed so they put me in another flight with Saudi Airline.
On my way back, the next day, I asked to KLM where was my baggage and despite KLM said it was in AMS airport, it was never there.
On my arrival to Sao Paulo - Brazil. I've never received my baggage and put a RIP (claim) which KLM never ever update me and despite I asked million times by whatsapp I always got the same answer.......WE DON'T KNOW.....
So, I decided to put in contact myself with the airport at Saudi Arabia and the two baggage where there.
The airport supervisor was waiting for KLM to pick them up and send them back to Sao Paulo and KLM never did anything. So, Saudi Airport put them on a KLM flight and after chasing them all over the world I received only one baggage and KLM said they don't know where is the other and they are looking for it........I did not recommend anyone to flight with KLM, please avoid a nightmare and choose another airline which really cares about customers.

• Check-in and boarding

I regret to learn of your unfortunate experience with your baggage. Baggage delays may be unavoidable at times but we work around the clock to trace it and return to passengers when this occurs. I hope that, despite what occurred, you will still consider us for your future travels so that we may be able to serve you better.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On 27 June 2022, I flew from Dubai to London; on 4-5 July, I returned to Dubai via Amsterdam on KLM Royal Dutch Airlines.

On 27 June, I received very late notice that my KL flight was cancelled and that I was to board an Emirates flight instead. But I had already purchased seating with KLM, and paid extra for an aisle seat with more space. This was not honored by Emirates, and the money was simply taken by KLM.

On 4-5 July, my flight from London back to Dubai via Amsterdam was delayed at Heathrow. Passengers didn't even get notice of a gate until 15 minutes prior to departure. Meanwhile, there was no communication or information from KLM. Passengers just waited in uncertainty until hearing the gate, then literally running to it, and bunching up in a confused line until we all somehow boarded. And once again, KLM did not honor my advance purchases of seats -- they put me in an aisle and I was told there was nothing that could be done about it as it was the last minute and the flight was full. So sorry.

Next, this flight from London landed very late in Amsterdam, and I barely had time to board the flight from there to Dubai just as the gate was closing. In fact, I had to beg KLM personnel to let me board, explaining what had happened. They did, telling me "today's your lucky day." They can keep that luck, thank you very much.

Finally, upon arriving in Dubai, I learned that the airline had mishandled my luggage in Amsterdam and that it would not arrive in Dubai for another day. Meanwhile, the airline had contracted the handling of this to Dnata, a third-party baggage handling/recovery service. Dnata has been unresponsive, but after about a dozen calls and emails, they have explained that it will take approximately 5-10 working days to locate my baggage and get it to me.

The last insult comes from KLM, whose website asks passengers in this situation: "As the KLM Customer Contact Centre can't provide you with more detailed information, we kindly ask you not to contact us."

This is unacceptable in an airline that has taken money from its customers, then alienated them through incompetence and non-responsiveness.

What they are saying is that there is currently a problem. They are not able to deal with this problem. They have thrown in the towel on communicating with their customers about this problem. And they are just plain in over their heads in the world of airlines and airport operations. It's deeply disappointing.

Date of travel: July 2022
    • Check-in and boarding

Thank you for sharing your personal experience with us. I truly understand how frustrating this must have been. Please know that we do all we can to make flying as pleasant as possible for our passengers. This unfortunate experience are never intentional as to cause you or any of our passengers any inconvenience. I thank you for your time and hope that we will be able to serve you better in the future.

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.