“Where is my bag?”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flew all the way from Australia for a hiking trip in UK which we’ve been looking forward to for two years. After a pretty shabby flight topped off with sitting on the tarmac for two hours because there was no bus (really), I discover that my bag is missing. I know first world problem but 3 days in now and no advice from klm. All my hiking gear and boots gone so will need to go and buy replacements tomorrow, hopefully I get reimbursed..can’t get any advice or update from KLM.

Date of travel: July 2022
1  Thank FR060474
KLM_Royal_Dutch1, Social media representative at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I regret to learn of your unfortunate experience with your luggage. Delays may sometimes be unavoidable, but we work around the clock to trace them and return them to passengers when they occur To further assist you, I kindly invite you to contact my colleagues via any of our Social Media channels (Messenger, WhatsApp, Twitter, or WeChat) and provide your booking information so that proper attention may be given to this. In the meantime, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience.

Write a reviewReviews (31,974)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

2 flights cancelled and rescheduled in one week. No compensation offered whatsoever. Now I’m worried about my next flight which I booked with klm before this, when I still thought they were a decent company. On board experience was passable, entertainment actually good.

Date of travel: June 2022
KLM_Royal_Dutch1, Social Media Representative at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I regret to read that your flights were cancelled and rescheduled. I understand how inconvenient this must have been. As cancellations are unavoidable at times due to a myriad of possible factors, these are never intentional as to cause you or any of our passengers any inconvenience. In any case, however, our primary consideration will always be your safety. Please know that you can always contact us through our social media channels (Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp) for further assistance. With that said, I thank you for your time, and hope that, despite the unfortunate experience, you will still consider us for your future flights.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Worst travel experience ever! Very stressful from start to finish. Delta partners with KLM but does not promote them, because they are the worst! We had to be rerouted through Paris because Amsterdam was a mess. The following day KLM gave us new itinerary but it was the exact same itinerary as the day before, only they wanted to charge us an additional $3000 for the change? That was a scam! After two full days in the airport, they gave us the itinerary we requested through Paris but we were on standby and not confirmed. After hours of excruciating frustration, we managed to get on a redeye flight to Paris for a short layover. It was impossible to make our connection with not enough time for getting our boarding passes printed ( we were told our flights were canceled). Then they saw we were confirmed. Then after long security checks, we missed the flight to Venice. Had to get new boarding passes for the next flight, 2 hours later. The way home was the same way. Even though the itinerary was sent, we couldn't check in online and every single flight/connection we were told that we were not confirmed but then they would *work on it* and we did have legitimate tickets. It stressed us out during the trip as well, if we would be on standby or canceled! It was a complete nightmare. This is the short version. And customer service was super lame. They didn't answer the phone most of the time. We spent hours on hold on separate phones trying to get help. They promised us flights and sent itinerary that never transpired, even though we waited at the airport for those flights (4 in all at Detroit just to get started). Our daughter and husband are stationed overseas and it costed us 3 days of our trip visiting them. One customer service rep laughed and was very snarky after I was up for 48 hours straight trying to get help to figure this out. What I learned is don't book with KLM and always book direct with a reputable airline even if it costs more. Totally disgusted!!! Very unprofessional customer service.

1  Thank 514susiw

I regret to learn that your experience didn't proceed as expected. KLM values the overall satisfaction of every passenger, and please don't feel disregarded because of this experience. Rest assured that we will use this feedback to improve our services further. I hope this experience won't dissuade you from using our services again.

Reviewed 3 July 2022

I paid for a business upgrade on the 30 June and on the 4th of July I realised that KLM took the money. And had the same amount pending which left me in the minus. This is inconvenient even if this is temporary for 7 days. The impact is enormous to me as I have things I wanted to spend my money on and any direct debits failed and drove me further in the minus incurring fees. My bank said KLM send for such payments and request extra increments depending on how many flights I embarked.

I didn't agree to this awful practice which is very stressful and has caused financial inconvenience. People need to be fully aware of KLM's practice and report them to their bank's fraud team as I have done. Furthermore, this should be banned.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding

I regret to learn of this unfortunate experience. To further assist you, I kindly invite you to contact my colleagues via any of our Social Media channels (Messenger, WhatsApp, Twitter, or WeChat) and provide your booking information so that proper attention may be given to this. In the meantime, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience.

Reviewed 3 July 2022

Check in at Manchester was OK, flight out delayed slightly but generally made up time on way to Amsterdam.
Drinks of wine, beer or soft available at no extra cost and served with a coconut macaroon on way out and a small bag of crisps on way back to Manchester.
Bergen flight to Amsterdam was an egg mayonnaise sandwich on dry rye bread.
(All much better than similar distance Lufthansa flights where you get water and chocolate unless you pay for coffee or beer.)

Date of travel: April 2022
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding

Thank you for sharing your personal experience here on Trip Advisor. Your travel insights on this particular route will prove helpful to many passengers who might come across your review. Thank you for your time and continued patronage, and hope to see you aboard our flights again soon.

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.