“NEVER FLY WITH KLM, AT YOUR OWN RISK”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 29 May 2022

We bought nearly £1000 worth of plane tickets but we’re denied boarding because apparently our tickets were never ‘confirmed’? Meanwhile in the app our tickets were there and didn’t at all mention that they weren’t ‘confirmed’ also leading up to the flight we were sent emails to check in, why send emails to check in for a flight that isn’t ‘confirmed’. Such an incompetent company. If you want to go abroad AVOID KLM AT ALL COST NO MATTER WHAT, THE COMPANY IS DESIGNED TO STEAL YOUR MONEY. Go with British airways instead, you will be given the best service! and will even be able to use your plane tucked after you bought them.

1  Thank TravellerD2000
KLM_Royal_Dutch1, Social media representative at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2022

I regret to learn of this unfortunate experience. To further assist you, I kindly invite you to contact my colleagues via any of our Social Media channels (Messenger, WhatsApp, Twitter, or WeChat) and provide your booking information so that proper attention may be given to this. In the meantime, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience.

Write a reviewReviews (31,985)

Reviewed 29 May 2022

So the return flight to Manchester after a great week in Ams.... Firstly the Airport was VERY busy, From arriving to take off was 4 hours.
Bag drop at Amsterdam with KLM is an oak experience as you virtually do it yourself - even thou the queues were worse than pre Covid. (expected)
Security Q again VERY busy not enough staff lanes open (and im sorry but the amount of small luggage as hand luggage needs to be reduced short term as it takes far too long at security - sorry people )
Passport checks was strange, now ok Im british so first time coming out of another country since we left the EU, we scanned our own passports eventually with no help from anyone for the lady in front having trouble, to then get it stamped. Hardly time to look in any shops , managed to get a quick coffee at the gate and headed to one of the remote gate departure lounges D6 before finding out we had a delay - No time here for a lounge visit !
Eventually boarding the plane approx 30 mins late when on board was told we had a hours delay due to the late arrival of the aircraft and air traffic control problems (Again covid related no doubt )
I have no problem sitting on the plane, as if we can get off earlier we were all on board and ready to go...but maybe a bottle of water could have been handed out at this point as when we eventually took oak the last 6 rows only managed a bag of salty crisps NO DRINK as we were coming in to manchester - Only 2 crew on board and both were serving Business class after take off.
I know a lot of this review is not controlled by KLM as such, but 4 hours from arriving at AMS to take off for a 55 min flight is getting ridiculous and KLM need to address issues and feed back to AMS - We cannot blame covid forever, you want us back travelling after all.
I feel the flight could have been managed a lot better even with the delay as it felt like economy passages were almost forgotten about - but we still paid for our ticket !
It would not put me off KLM not at all, but its the first time I feel like it was bad service on their part. (And it left a bit of a sour note at the end of a great holiday back in AMS)
Plus eurostar form London to AMS takes 4 hours ! Makes you think of trying that
I have emailed KLM regarding this and await a reply..... we shall see if I get one

1  Thank Adrian B
Reviewed 29 May 2022

Landed in Newcastle with a wheel missing from my suitcase. Not the end of the world but the case is totally unusable. Contacting KLM is almost impossible, 50 minutes on the phone only to be advised that the claim is being processed.
5 weeks later , I was asked to take my suitcase for repair. No where in the city I live has a "suitcase repair service/shop" - obviously.
I thinkKLM made this request in the hope that I would drop the claim.
No. You broke it you replace it.
I'm waiting for the standard reply from KLM again.

Date of travel: April 2022
Reviewed 29 May 2022

First trip back after 2 year Covid "break" so was exciting like a little kid (53y old at time of review )
Checking in easy and fast luckily no queue for KLM (Arrived 3hrs before from airport onsite hotel at 7am after horror stories in the news) and told no masks required personal choice - Hallelujah
The airport was busy, managed to get into the Aspire lounge, with time for a bit of a relax as there was a 30min delay on the flight.
KLM flight I find are always good book early enough and they are worth the value especially when arriving departing at Amsterdam.
Service onboard was ok if a little rushed towards the end, just time for our soft drink & cookie before landing and as we were late (Again a benefit of KLM straight to the gate for the connecting pax's) landed on main runway - not the one miles away for a 10 min taxi (you'll know the one if you have had the pleasure)
Overall very happy with this flight and once on the ground was like the last 2 yrs had faded into a very deep black hole.

Reviewed 28 May 2022

I had booked my round trip ticket to Cardiff and back on March 5th, well in advance of the flights. I had several problems with the return trip from Cardiff to Augusta caused by the airline. Firstly, the Cardiff to Amsterdam flight was delayed by roughly 5 hours. Then I was denied boarding on the KLM621 flight from Amsterdam to Atlanta despite having my ticket printed directly from the KLM site as well as my ticket on the KLM app. This also meant I was unable to get my Atlanta to Augusta flight scheduled for may 24th as well. I had to get food and pay for a hotel to stay the night in Amsterdam because I was denied boarding and the next flight to my destination was not for another 24 hours. And when I did get my flight from Amsterdam to Atlanta on May 25th (a whole day late), KLM would not book me for DL5158 and instead gave me a flight leaving at 8:35AM, so I wouldn't get home until May 26th, a whole 2 calendar days after I was supposed to have arrived home in Augusta.

I've filed a claim on the website to try and get compensation for what I've been through and got an automated email back with my case number but still nothing from an actual KLM representative and no money repaid yet.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.